At Seton Hall, students who complete an undergraduate B.S. or B.A. in Physics can also earn their M.S. in Data Science in our 100% online program within only one additional year.
The 3+2 Dual Degree program complements the extensive analytical and mathematical background students obtain in their undergraduate studies by further enhancing their computational knowledge. The program is designed to prepare students to be skilled and thoughtful data scientists, skilled in data management and processing; analyzing business and scientific processes; and communicating findings for effective decision making.
Both degrees can be earned in five years through the accelerated curriculum. Students first complete either a B.S. or B.A. in Physics, then take 9-12 credits of graduate courses from the M.S. in Data Science the summer before and during their senior year that count toward their undergraduate requirements.
Program Admission and Continuation
- Submit an application for the M.S. in Data Science program during the Spring semester of junior year
- Meet the M.S. in Data Science admission requirements, except having completed the undergraduate degree program, with undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Have senior status (earned at least 90 credits) before taking graduate courses
- Have completed MATH 2111 Statistics for Science majors and CSAS 1113 Computing for Science majors by Spring of junior year. B.A. majors may also complete ISCI 1117 Computing for Informatics instead of CSAS 1113.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA in the undergraduate Physics curriculum before taking graduate courses from the Data Science curriculum
- Before taking graduate courses during the fifth year, fulfill all the requirements for admission to the M.S. in Data Science, including having earned the undergraduate degree
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university - a national reputation; challenging academic programs; notable alumni; state-of-the-art facilities; renowned faculty; and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship - with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.