Second degree-seeking undergraduate students must have declared majors different from the major in which they have already earned a degree (for example, if you have earned a B.A. you can't apply for another B.A. degree).
Applying as a Second Degree Student
To apply online you will need to submit the following:
- Seton Hall Application
- $55 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools you attended
- Send to Office of Admissions, 400 South Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079
- Recommendations (optional)
- 2 required for Second Degree Nursing programs beginning with Fall 2017 applicants
- Application essay (required for Accelerated Second Degree B.S.N. application)
Second Degree Nursing Programs:
Accelerated Second Degree B.S.N. in Lakewood (Fall Semester-start only): April 1
Accelerated Second Degree B.S.N. in Nutley (Spring Semester-start only): September 1
All Other Second Degree Programs:
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Second Degree Nursing
Seton Hall University offers an Accelerated Second Degree B.S.N. Program designed for aspiring nurses who already hold a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing major. We offer this program at two locations. The program at our Georgian Court campus in Lakewood, N.J. begins in the fall semester and ends in late October the following year. Beginning in January 2021, we will also offer this program at our Interprofessional Health Sciences main campus in Nutley, N.J. This program will begin in the spring semester and ends in late March the following year.
If you have specific questions about course equivalencies, contact:
Assistant Program Director
Phone: (732) 987- 2289
Financial Aid Questions?
Visit the Office of Financial Aid for policies specific to second-degree-seeking students.