About the Center
In response to its growing reputation in finance education and applied learning, as well as the goals of Seton Hall's new strategic plan Harvest Our Treasures, the Stillman School of Business has expanded its trading room and relaunched as the Center for Securities Trading and Business Analytics.
Located on the fifth floor of Jubilee Hall, the area of the relaunched Center has increased by 50 percent, resulting in 12 dedicated terminal locations and room capacity for 30 students. There are additional tables for both small group work and instruction, and new video monitors that will enhance the teaching and learning experience utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
- More than 850 students fully leverage the room and its resident Bloomberg terminals each semester; this includes over 500 finance majors.
- Finance majors have a 95% employment rate upon graduation.
- A Seton Hall team competing in the CFA Institute Research Challenge has made the "Final Four" an impressive 14 times in the past 17 years and even took top honors in 2006 and 2007. In 2017 and 2020 a Seton Hall team won the American Championship and advanced to the Global Finals.
- The Stillman School is the only business school to have rung the opening and closing bells at the NYSE and the NASDAQ a total of six times.
- Thanks to their positive learning experiences in The Trading Room, undergraduate students created The Stillman Exchange, one of the few business newspapers produced by students for students.
- The Investment Club boasts student members who not only hold their weekly meetings in the Center, but who also use the room's resources to do their own investing.
- Many of the School's finance and accounting classes are conducted in The Trading Room including Financial Accounting, Business Finance, Portfolio Analysis, Securities Trading and Financial News, Fixed Income Analysis and Futures, Options and Other Derivatives.