The Teaching, Learning and Technology Roundtable (TLTR) is holding an information session and town hall meeting on Monday, September 23, 2019 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. in the Walsh Library – Beck Rooms. Join us as we kick off the TLTR year and the Oktoberfest season. There will be opportunities for you to learn about what the TLTR has been doing and to help plan the direction for this year while enjoying traditional Oktoberfest food and Root Beer (sorry no real beer).
We encourage faculty to get involved by signing up for a TLTR Action Team and share their ideas on what they would like to see from the TLTR this year. If your schedule doesn’t allow for you to be there the entire session, please drop in at any time during the event.
What is the Teaching, Learning and Technology Roundtable (TLTR)? Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Department of Information Technology, the Teaching, Learning and Technology Roundtable (TLTR) is a consortium of faculty, administrators and students who, on behalf of the University, meet and discuss the interests of using technology for teaching and learning.
What are the current TLTR Action Teams?
- Online Learning – will help to formulate institutional polices and processes that govern the development and delivery of online & hybrid courses across the University.
- Innovative Technology – will identify new and emerging technologies and investigate their usefulness in teaching and research
- Copyright – will educate the University community on copyright rules and regulations; the application of educational fair use
- Classroom Technology – will work with the Faculty Senate’s Facility Committee to determine classroom technology needs and develop plans to modernize general purpose classrooms and large classrooms
- Best Practices – will work with the TLTR Action Teams and the Faculty Senate’s Faculty Development Committee to showcase exemplars of good teaching and student engagement across all schools and colleges at Seton Hall University
If interested in learning more about the TLTR but are not able to attend the kickoff event, please email email@example.com.
Categories: Science and Technology