Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers use scare tactics to trick you into paying for unnecessary technical support services. The Technology Service Desk will never ask you for your password and will never collect your payment information via email or phone.
How to protect against tech support scams
- Microsoft does not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information, or to provide technical support to fix your computer.
- Any communication with Microsoft has to be initiated by you.
- If a notification appears with a phone number, don’t call the number. Error and warning messages from Microsoft never include a phone number.
- Be wary of downloading software from third-party sites, as some of them might have been modified without the author’s knowledge to bundle support scam malware and other threats.
- Microsoft technical support will never ask that you pay for support in the form of Bitcoin or gift cards.
Categories: Science and Technology