Mac Laptop Program
The Department of Information Technology offers a laptop refresh to a MacBook Air to Junior students in the following majors and minors:
- Graphic Interactive Advertising Design
- Fine Art
- Computer Web Design
- Sound Production & Engineering
- Visual & Sound Media with the following concentrations:
- Film Production
- Television Production
Participation in this program is optional. Students who opt not to participate in the program will have access to the Graphics Lab to complete class assignments. This program requires students to actively pursue their degree in the approved major/minor for two years. A change of study voids participation in the program and requires students to return all equipment and peripherals. Students will be billed $275 Mobile Computing Fee and $400 Technology Fee per semester.
General Guidelines for Participation
- Study in one of the majors or minors listed above
- Completion of 4 semesters of study at Seton Hall as a full-time student
- Transfer into SHU with junior credits (60 + credits)
- Students are responsible to purchase all discipline specific software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Parallels, etc.). There may be an additional charge if the software has to be upgraded before completion of degree requirements.
- Seton Hall Purchased AppleCare+ for Mac extends the warranty coverage to three years from the original purchase date of the Mac. AppleCare+ covers up to two incidents of accidental damage repairs. Students will be responsible to pay a service fee $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax. If the cost to repair the damage exceeds the value of the equipment, students will be charged the full replacement value of the equipment.
This program provides limited support on-campus. The University purchases the AppleCare protection for non-accidental warranty repair. All repairs must be made through the Apple Store. Any personal and/or third party attempts to repair this device will result in the full cost buy-out fee to replace the MacBook. Loaner MacBooks are available in the event of a lengthy repair time. Student is responsible for backing up files before delivering the MacBook to the Apple Store for repair.
The terms and conditions vary based on student's academic status at SHU. Please contact the Asset Management Office at (973) 313-6181 with any questions.