Mac Laptop Program
The Department of Information Technology offers a laptop refresh to a MacBook Air to Junior students who are actively pursuing majors and/or minors in the following:
- Art, Design and Interactive Multimedia, including concentrations in:
- Fine and Digital Art
- Graphic Design and Advertising
- Interactive Design and Multimedia
- Visual and Sound Media, including concentrations in:
- Film Production
- Sound Production and Engineering
- Television Production
To participate in the Mac Laptop Program, junior students need to be actively pursuing/declared one of the majors/minors listed above, on or before their junior year. Participation in the Mac Laptop Program is optional.
Students who are eligible and opt-in to participate in the program will be billed $275 Mobile Computing Fee and $410 Technology Fee per semester, for the remaining 4 semesters. A change of study voids participation in the program and requires students to return all equipment and peripherals.
Students who are eligible, but opt-out from participating in this program will not be billed the $275 Mobile Computing, after their fourth semester in the University. They will be able to keep their Lenovo laptop, and will have access to the Graphics Lab to complete class assignments.
General Guidelines for Participation
- Actively pursuing one of the majors or minors listed above, since or before their junior year
- Completion of 4 semesters (fall/spring) of study at Seton Hall as a full-time student
- Transfer into SHU with junior credits (60 + credits)
- Students will be billed $275 Mobile Computing Fee for their remaining 4 semesters
- Students are responsible to purchase all discipline specific software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Parallels, etc.). There may be an additional charge if the software has to be upgraded before completion of degree requirements.
- Seton Hall Purchased AppleCare+ for Mac extends the warranty coverage to three years from the original purchase date of the Mac. AppleCare+ covers up to two incidents of accidental damage repairs. Students will be responsible to pay a service fee $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax. If the cost to repair the damage exceeds the value of the equipment, students will be charged the full replacement value of the equipment.
This program provides limited support on-campus. The University purchases the AppleCare protection for non-accidental warranty repair. All repairs must be made through the Apple Store. Any personal and/or third party attempts to repair this device will result in the full cost buy-out fee to replace the MacBook. Loaner MacBooks are available in the event of a lengthy repair time. Student is responsible for backing up files before delivering the MacBook to the Apple Store for repair.
The terms and conditions vary based on student's academic status at SHU. Please contact the Asset Management Office at (973) 313-6181 with any questions.