Thursday, December 8, 2022
In many ways, the Fall 2022 semester was memorable for the Department of Housing and Residence Life (HRL). Stay tuned for another story soon which will share highlights and updates from our residential community. For now, HRL would like to remind students and families that our residence halls will close on Wednesday, December 21 at 10:00 a.m. and reopen on Monday, January 16 at 2:00 p.m. (NOTE: the dining hall will not open until Tuesday, January 17). All residential students MUST vacate the residence halls during that time, unless they are approved to stay during the break after applying via the Winter Break Housing Application.
Please carefully read the following important notes:
• You must leave your residence hall 24 hours after your last final exam is completed OR before the halls close, whichever comes first. Housing & Residence Life staff will begin knocking on doors at approximately 8:00am on Wednesday, December 21 to remind everyone not approved for break housing to leave the residence halls appropriately.
• The guest policy ends for non-residential guests on Monday, December 12 at 11:59 p.m. Only residential student guests are permitted in the residence halls after that date.
• All rooms will be inspected by Housing & Residence Life staff.
• Defrost your refrigerator.
• Unplug electrical cords from sockets.
• Throw away open food.
• Remove trash, clean dishes, and thoroughly clean bedroom/bathroom.
• Turn off lights.
• Lock all doors.
• Take fish home or provide vacation feeder.
• Take everything that you need during the break period, as you will not be permitted inside your residence hall (unless approved for break housing).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Categories: Campus Life