The Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) is a Seton Hall University student organization overseen by The Department of Student Life. MAC is dedicated to cultivating and promoting an inclusive multicultural involvement community that promotes the importance of shared vision, social connection, and collaborative efforts. Through leadership development, special events, and community building initiatives, MAC aims to serve and support culturally based organizations and programs.
MAC‘s vision is of a campus that supports cultural differences and dialogues in diversity through education, celebration, and appreciation.
How does MAC serve the community?
- Programs and Events - MAC provides leadership development opportunities for students through multicultural competence-based events and programs. From power and privilege to belonging and inclusivity, MAC programs aid students in better navigating a diverse community. Some of these programs include Diversity Week and U MATTER. MAC also highlights and celebrates diversity and cultural traditions. These programs range from large scale special events like our International Food Truck Festival and Holiday’s Around the World Celebration to passive programming, such as our MAC Monday pop up tabling programs.
- The MAC Grant - the MAC Grant is a fund designed to promote diversity programming at Seton Hall University. Student organizations hosting cultural events and/or of cultural foundation may apply for MAC mini-grants to support their event or initiative. Apply here »
How can students join the MAC Movement?
General Body Membership - General Body Members are known as our Event Staff. These students provide assistance for MAC major events, promotions, and service programming. General Body members also have the opportunity to serve on programming committees. MAC membership is always open to students and provides great exposure for future MAC leadership roles.
MAC Leaders - MAC leadership roles are high-commitment student leadership positions at Seton Hall University. To inquire about how to serve on MAC’s e-board or as an area coordinator, e-mail email@example.com.
How can I find out information about MAC meetings and events?
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for frequent updates @MACatSHU.
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our e-mail listserv.
- Check out our Multicultural Involvement Calendar on Facebook to see what clubs and organizations have planned each month.