Sister Rose Thering: A Centennial Commemoration
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Celebrate with the Sister Rose Thering Fund for Education in Jewish-Christian Studies (SRTF) as we present a virtual event commemorating the 100th anniversary of the birth of the late Sister Rose Thering (1920 – 2006).
Presentations honoring Sister Rose's legacy will be made by:
- Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R.
- Joseph E. Nyre, Ph.D., Seton Hall University President
- Rabbi Irving (Yitz) Greenberg, long-time friend and colleague of Sister Rose
- Imam Wahy-ud Deen Shareef, Convener of the Council of Imams in New Jersey
- Reverend Forrest Pritchett, Ph.D., Director of Seton Hall University's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Program
- Monsignor C. Anthony Ziccardi, SRTF Interim Executive Director
- David M. Bossman, Ph.D., SRTF Executive Director Emeritus
- Luna Kaufman, Chairwoman Emerita, SRTF
- Marilyn Rosenbaum, Founding Trustee, SRTF
Sister Rose's work as a teacher, scholar, writer and activist promoted Jewish-Christian dialogue, the study of religious understanding and a lifetime of leadership and influence at the forefront of changing attitudes about Church teachings. Join us as we honor her legacy in what would have been the year of her 100th birthday.
R.S.V.P. today for this online event. The event is free; registration is required.
Would you consider a gift to the Sister Rose Thering Fund? You may make an online gift.