Award Amount: $3000
Submission Deadline: May 20
Program: Open to all programs.
Through a special gift, the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute at Seton Hall University can provide financial aid to selected students who show an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life. Awarded students are not eligible to re-apply within one academic year.
To qualify for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time undergraduate student (excluding incoming Freshmen) at Seton Hall University;
- Must show an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 (Undergraduate).
Write a two-page, double-spaced essay proposal outlining the service project that would be fulfilled over the course of the academic year upon selection and attach the proposal to the application. A report on the service project outcomes and the use of funds will be due to the Latino Institute at the conclusion of the academic year.
This award will be given to selected students based on academic performance, involvement in the Seton Hall community and financial need. Award notification will be sent to all applicants 4-6 weeks after the application deadline. Award funds will only be credited to the student’s bursar account.
- $3,000.00 will be awarded to the students who show a commitment to engaging in the Latino community and who will work on a community project for one academic year.
- $2,500 will be for tuition relief and $500 will be for project expenses.
- The award is contingent on mandatory attendance of two (2) Latino Institute events per semester.
Please complete the application form and return it to the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute. Application forms may be submitted via e-mail (LatinoInstitute@shu.edu) or mailed: Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute, 400 South Orange Avenue, Fahy Hall 246, South Orange, NJ 07079.
Contact the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute for additional application details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973) 761-9422.