Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of images do you accept?
Please provide us with 300 dpi JPEGs, TIFFs or EPS files. Professionally taken photographs, not snapshots, are encouraged.
Will you print my job digitally or conventionally (offset)?
That will depend on a few factors, including:
- Quantity. Offset printing has a front-end cost load, so short runs may have a high unit cost. But as quantities increase, the unit cost goes down with offset printing. Very short runs can be much more cost effective with digital printing; while larger quantities are likely to have a lower per-piece cost with offset printing.
- Color. Digital presses use four-color process printing. If you need only black ink or one or two ink colors, offset printing may offer a more cost-effective solution. If you need four-color printing, digital may offer advantages in lower up-front costs.
- Turnaround. If you need it fast, digital usually offers quicker delivery.
How are mailing lists handled?
Mailing lists may be obtained from a variety of sources depending on the list type:
Internal lists include students and their parents and families, alumni, donors, faculty, staff and administrators, trustees and regents.
- Alumni Board of Directors
- University Advisory Council
- Donors and Friends
- Executive Cabinet and Deans
- Board of Regents*
- Board of Trustees*
*Provide a copy of anything being sent to the Board of Regents or Board of Trustees to Maria LePage, administrative assistant to the executive director of Mission & Ministry and the Board Affairs Office.
To order a list, please fill out this planner:
- Employees (Staff and Administrators)
Contact: Human Resources
Enrolled students; can be divided as follows:
- By major
- By class year
- To the Family of (home address)
- Campus address
- Local/national/global addresses
Please note: The Mail Room will slot mail for undergraduate students residing on campus. Visit here for more information »
Mailing lists comprised of external audiences can be purchased from a number of vendors. There are many, many types of lists available for purchase including: by zip code, by political party affiliation, subscribers to specific magazines, Catholic households, etc. Discuss with list vendor types of audiences you want to reach and they will research the available lists.
How do I decide how which method to use — first class, standard, etc. — to mail my publication?
The publications team can help you decide. Your timing and budget usually dictate which formate to use.
Because we are a University, we are able to mail at the nonprofit rate. While this is more cost-effective, mailings can take 5-7 days or longer. First-class mail will arrive within 1-2 business days, but you will pay full postage.
What forms do I need to fill out if I am taking photographs on campus?
You can find model release forms (for all individuals in the photographs) here »
I need a photographer to cover an event I’m holding. Who do I contact?
A list of local vendors that Seton Hall works with on a regular basis is included here »