Pirate Guardian Mobile App to Enhance Campus Safety
As part of the Seton Hall's ongoing commitment to campus safety, the Department of Public Safety has announced that they are launching Pirate Guardian, a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety device. By downloading this free safety app, students and faculty can enhance their personal safety both on and off campus.
With Pirate Guardian, users can create a profile of information about themselves, and invite family and friends to their safety network. When needed, the user can request one or more of their Pirate Guardians to virtually walk with them on or off campus. It's like having an emergency blue light system and a trusted friend with you at all times.
How does the Pirate Guardian App work?
- Register and set up an account with your Seton Hall email address: Then add their name, campus address, medical notes and other pertinent information for campus safety in case of emergency.
- Easy Emergency Communication: In an emergency, a one button call to campus safety officials will display the users Pirate Guardian profile and current location.
- Add & Message Pirate Guardians: By adding roommates, friends, and family to their network, users can feel safer when walking alone, on or off campus. Pirate Guardians can also be messaged directly through the app.
- Set a Safety Timer: In the event a student feels unsafe, they can set a timer with their current location, indicating where they are going and when they should arrive. In the event they do not make it there and de-active the timer, Pirate Guardians or campus safety will be immediately alerted.
- Send Confidential Tips: See something, say something. The app allows users to confidentially text suspicious activity to campus police, including photos.
Pirate Guardian is a product of Rave Mobile Safety, the most trusted safety software partner, connecting millions to those they trust to protect them, by providing safety officials with innovative tools to prepare better, respond faster, and communicate more effectively during emergencies. Rave protects more than 1,200 colleges and universities across the U.S.