Project Acceleration understands that each high school runs on their own separate academic calendar. Grades are required from each high school no longer than two weeks after the semester/school year ends.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ON-LINE GRADING USING THE NEW SYSTEM:
- Login to PirateNet.
- Click on the Profiles tab.
- Find the Banner Self Service box; click on this link; then, click on Faculty and Advisers option.
- Click on Submit Final Grades – New Grading System (fifth from the bottom).
- All courses you have taught will appear; you just need to address the Fall 2020 courses which are concluded. You can click on 'Term' to have the Fall 2020 classes move to the top. Instructions will appear on the right. In addition, there are detailed instructions in a separate module on the far right of the Profiles tab.
- To select a course to grade, double click on the course, and the roster will appear at the very bottom … you may need to scroll down to see it. Select the student's grade from the pull-down menu in the 'Final Grade' column.
- If the student ceased attending at some point during the semester, please also click on the student's last date of attendance in the Last Attend Date column.
- Press Save at the bottom of the page to record the grades. If you do not press Save, the grades are not recorded!
Note: In the Banner 9 grading system, the grading option will only be enabled for those course sections which have ended as determined by the meeting dates entered into the system. If a course section is still in progress, the course will not appear.
High Schools teachers involved in the Project Acceleration Program must submit letter grades based on Seton Hall University's grading chart:
|Letter Grade||Quality Point||Weight|
|D||Poor but Passing||1.00|
Students must receive a "C" or better to receive Seton Hall University credit for the Project Acceleration course. If grades are not entered online, the Registrar may issue grade rosters to the high schools at the end of each semester (typically in January and May).
In emergency situations where students fail to complete the coursework during the
semester, but where it is probable that they will finish the work, teachers may wish
to assign an I (Incomplete). Once coursework is completed, instructors should contact
the Project Acceleration office to process a change of grade form. If the coursework
is not completed after 12 months or by graduation, whichever comes first, the Incomplete
turns into an IW (Incomplete Withdrawal), which is not reversible. Please consult
the Director of Project Acceleration when such situations arise to determine the appropriate
response. With the exception of these special cases, the Director does not intervene
between teachers and students on any matter pertaining to grades.
Project Acceleration students will not receive a report card from Seton Hall at the end of the academic year. If students would like a record of their grade upon completion of a course, a transcript must be requested. Request your transcript »