Zhiyong Han, Ph.D
Professor of Medical Biochemistry
Department of Medical Sciences
Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus
I am a biochemist by training and have a productive biomedical research history. Additionally, I have extensive experience in medical education. At Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, I use active learning pedagogy to facilitate medical students to learn basic sciences in our integrated curriculum.
I am active in scholarly activities. Currently, I am focusing my interest in medical education research. I am especially interested in one particular area - that is, how to develop effective methods to help medical students to develop the ability and skills to critically study and appraise findings in the biomedical literature and use evidence-based medicine to care for patients.
- Ph.D., The Graduate School, City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
- Roberts RS, Lee J, Li J,Nguyen HT, Elliott M. "Engaging medical students in problem-based search and study of the biomedical literature." Int J Med Educ. 2017;8:297–99.
- Jabaut JM, Dudum R, Margulies SL, Mehta A, Han Z. "Teaching and learning of medical biochemistry according to clinical realities: A case study." Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2016;44(1:95-8.
- Afshar M, Han Z. "Teaching and Learning Medical Biochemistry: Perspectives from a Student and an Educator." Med Sci Educ. 2014;24(3):339–41
- 2017, Golden Apple Award
- 2016, Distinguished Teacher award