Professor Mayhew's primary research interests are in ancient philosophy. His most recent publications in this field are the books Aristotle’s Lost Homeric Problems (Oxford University Press 2019) and Theophrastus: On Winds (Brill 2018), the volume he co-edited Clearchus of Soli: Text, Translation, and Discussion (Routledge 2022), as well as seven articles on Aristotelian philosophy, science, and literary criticism published over the past two years in the following journals: Hermes: Zeitschrift für klassische Philologie, Classica et Mediaevalia: Danish Journal of Philology and History, Trends in Classics, Ancient Philosophy, and Classical Quarterly. Dr. Mayhew also has an interest in the 20th century novelist-philosopher Ayn Rand. His most recent publication on Rand is the volume he co-edited Foundations of a Free Society: Reflections on Ayn Rand’s Political Philosophy (University of Pittsburgh Press, 2019).
- Ph.D., Georgetown University
- M.A., Georgetown University
- B.A., University of Maryland
- Loeb Classical Library Foundation Grant, Harvard University (2009)
- Anthem Foundation Grant (2009)
- University Research Council Award, Seton Hall University (2008)
- Galkin Foundation Donation (2008)