Professor Mayhew's primary research interests are in ancient philosophy. His most recent publications in this field are the books Aristotle’s Lost Homeric Problems (Oxford University Press, forthcoming) and Theophrastus: On Winds (Brill, 2018), as well as a number of essays on Aristotelian philosophy and science published over the past two years in the following journals: Harvard Studies in Classical Philology; Journal of Hellenic Studies; Philologus: Zeitschrift für antike Literatur und ihre Rezeption; Rheinisches Museum für Philologie; Eikasmós: Quaderni Bolognesi di Filologia Classica; Hyperboreus: Bibliotheca Classica Petropolitana; Classical Quarterly; Hermes: Zeitschrift für klassische Philologie; and, Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Studies. Dr. Mayhew also has an interest in the 20th century novelist-philosopher Ayn Rand. His most recent publication on Rand is an annotated edition of her previously unpublished play The Unconquered (Palgrave-Macmillan, 2014).
- Ph.D., Georgetown University
- M.A., Georgetown University
- B.A., University of Maryland
- Loeb Classical Library Foundation Grant, Harvard University (2009)
- Anthem Foundation Grant (2009)
- University Research Council Award, Seton Hall University (2008)
- Galkin Foundation Donation (2008)