Paul E. Fisher Jr. has served Seton Hall University in the Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center since 1997, became the director in 2005, and was named the Associate Chief Information Officer in 2010. Paul is responsible for supporting Seton Hall in the thoughtful use and integration of technology into the curriculum and across functional business units. He provides direction for instructional design, digital media services, classroom and event support, user support, web development, technology strategy and assessment.
During his tenure at Seton Hall, Paul has led many mission-critical initiatives, including implementing the University's learning management solution Blackboard, migrating to the Microsoft 365 suite, and the award-winning mobile computing program. Paul and his teams have been instrumental in Great Minds Learning Experiences and technology implementation for the Interprofessional Health Sciences campus, helping to design its state-of-the-art medical simulation center.
Most recently, Paul and his team retrofitted classrooms with the latest web conferencing technology, trained faculty, and coordinated various academic technology tools and services to support the University’s transition to a HyFlex teaching model in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Paul has held adjunct faculty positions in the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Education and Human Services, where he has taught multimedia development and project management courses. In addition to his service to the University, Paul volunteers his time and experience in the community. Paul is very active in EDUCAUSE, a higher education technology organization and has served on the faculty of their Instructional Technology Leadership Program for four years. He is a board member and chair of the planning and technology committee at St. Mary Elementary School in Middletown, New Jersey, a board member at Mater Dei Prep High School in Middletown, New Jersey, and a member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Monmouth division.
- M.P.A., Criminal Justice, Seton Hall University, 1998
- B.S., Accounting and Law, William Paterson College, 1996
- Pairing Industry with Academe, NERCOMP Annual Conference, March 20, 2019
- Embracing the Advancement of Technology and Its Impact on Higher Education, https://njedge.net/blog/embracing-the-advancement-of-technology-and-its-impact-on-higher-education, January 2019
- Panelist, What Keeps a CIO up at Night, NJ CIO Forum, October 2018
- Faculty Development and Engagement in the Digital Age, Association of Chief Academic Officers Annual Meeting, October 31, 2017
- User Services in the Age of Consumerism, NJEDge.Net User Services Conference, June 23, 2015
- Seton Hall University Mobile Strategy, Blackboard Users Group, August 12, 2013
- Deploying the Modern Computing Environment, TabTimes Analyst Meeting, November 26, 2012
- The Evolution of the Mobile Campus, Educause Learning Initiative Annual Meeting, February 15, 2011
- Leaping into the Clouds: Different Philosophies and Approaches to Hosted E-Mail and Collaborative Software Solutions Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, January 12, 2011
- Technology Strategic Plan Development Committee, King Abdul Aziz City of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, January 2011 – June 2011
- Strategic Opportunity for Mobility, Blackboard World Conference, July 2010
- How Technology Can Facilitate Assessment, Bridgepoint Education Analyst Meeting, San Diego, CA, May 19, 2010
- Mobile Computing 2.0, the Evolution of the Mobile Campus, Educause 2009, Denver CO, October 2009.
- Strategic Assessment of IT at Manhatanville College. July, 2009.
- University of Hawaii, Maui Ubiquitous Computing Planning, April 2009
- The Evolution of the Mobile Campus: The Mobility Gap, Educause Center for Applied Research - December 5, 2008
- Assessment: How Surveys and ePortfolios Make a Difference in University Engagement, NJEDge.Net Fifth Annual Technology in Education Conference - November 21, 2008
- Using ePortfolio’s to Predict Persistence, NJEDge.net November 19, 2008
- Using ePortfolios to Engage First Year Students, Berkley College, November 18, 2008
- Redefining Electronic Portfolios: A View into the First Year Experience, Educause Learning Initiative Annual Meeting, January 28, 2008
- Spotlight on Continuous Improvement, Middletsates Conference, June 20, 2007
- Using Data to Improve Quality and Influence Decisions, Educuase Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, January 17, 2007
Serves on the faculty of the Educause Learning Technology Leadership Institute, 2010 - 2012