Mirela Bruza-Augatis is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Physician Assistant, where she teaches classes on Fundamentals of Clinical Medicine, Epidemiology, Healthcare Policy, Evidence-Based Practice, and Endocrine topics. Her clinical expertise is in the fields of endocrinology and family medicine. Her research focus lies in underserved population health and diversity in healthcare education, and her professional interests include endocrinology and metabolism and global health.
She serves as a board member for Physician Assistants for Global Health (PAGH) and a peer reviewer for national and international journals.
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Pace University
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Pace University
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, SUNY Geneseo
- McWeeney M., Fernandez C., Saunders, A., Bruza-Augatis M., Marshall M. Simulation Technology Integration Direction for Reluctant, Curious, or Inspired Faculty (Panel Presentation). Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Fall 2021 Forum, October 15, 2021.
- Bruza-Augatis M, Hooker RS, Coombs JM. Financial analysis of PA lifetime earnings and debt [published online ahead of print, 2021 September 13]. JAAPA. 2021;10.1097/01.JAA.0000794436.28155.83. doi:10.1097/01.JAA.0000794436.28155.83.
- Ndimbo, D., Showstark, M. Tanzania Assistant Medical Officers and Clinical Officers. Social Innovations Journal. 2021. Contributor/Editor: Bruza-Augatis M. (Published: July 15, 2021).
- Brave P., Marshall J., Bruza-Augatis M., Fernandez C. A Case Report of a Patient with Melanoma of Unknown Primary, Overcoming Social Challenges (Poster Presentation). Emergency & Trauma Center 7th Annual Research Symposium at Hackensack Meridian Health, NJ. May 20, 2021.
- Showstark M., Bruza-Augatis M. Global Health Overview, presented at Radford University- Global Health Conference (virtual), Roanoke, VA, March 29, 2021.
- Investigating Potential PA Program Application Barriers for Underrepresented in Medicine. Bruza-Augatis, M. (PI), Coplan, B., Sethi, W.. Physician Assistant Education Association, Don Pederson Research Grant, 2020-2021 ($7000- funded).
- Showstark M., Bruza-Augatis M. Global Health 101, presented at PAs for Global Health 2020 CME Conference, Miami Beach, Florida, February 18, 2020.
- Bruza-Augatis M., Rodriguez V.. Mobilizing Physician Assistants: Educational and Professional Outreach to Underserved Urban Communities. Poster Presentation, NYSSPA Conference, Albany, NY, October 2019 (First prize poster award winner).
- Bruza-Augatis M., Rodriguez V. Short Term Medical Mission Trips: How to do the least harm and most good! Presented at PAs for Global Health 2019 CME Conference, Mount Sinai, NY, April 2019.
- Mobilizing Physician Assistants: Educational and Professional Outreach to Underserved Urban Communities. Rodriguez V., Bruza-Augatis M (co-PI). nccPA Health Foundation Be The Change Grant. Awarded January 2018. ($1000 - funded).