Research interests include topics in school nursing, mentoring students and new faculty, tool development, child temperament, ADHD and parenting. She has published articles on delegation in the school setting, family adversity and parenting of children with ADHD and Auditory Processing Disorders. Marie has presented at international, national and regional research conferences on topics related to ADHD, child temperament, parenting, mentoring new faculty and issues related to school nursing practice and education. She is a member of the National Association of School Nurses and the School Nurse Educators Special Interest Group, The New Jersey School Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International, Eastern Nursing Research Society and the National League for Nursing.
Marie Foley's research interests include topics in school nursing, advocacy, child temperament, ADHD and parenting.
She is a member of the National Association of School Nurses, the New Jersey School Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International, Eastern Nursing Research Society and the National League for Nursing.
- Ph.D. New York University
- School Nurse Certification, Seton Hall University
- M.A. New York University
- B.S.N. Fairleigh Dickinson University
"Delegation of Glucagon ® in the school setting: A comparison of state legislation"
The Journal of School Nursing, 27(3), 185-196, June 2011
- "Attention deficit Hyperactivity disorder and learning disabilities". In Janice Selekman (Ed.). School nursing: A comprehensive text. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Co., 2011
- "A need for national preceptor guidelines". NASN School Nurse, March 2011
"The relationship between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and child temperament"
The Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 29, 157- 169, January 2008
- "School age temperament: Implications for school nurses". Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 12(2), 128- 131, April 2007
- National Association of School Nurses Outstanding School Nurse Educator Award, 2013.
- Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing Research Article Award for 2011, 2012.
- Researcher of the year Award, Seton Hall University, College of Nursing, 2009.
- Schmidt Scholarship Award, New York University, School of Education, Division of Nursing, 2001.
- Research Fellowship Award, New York University, School of Education, Division of Nursing, 1999-2001.
Selected Grant Funding:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation NJNI Project Director Grant, 2011-Present.
- Burrell Family Foundation/ANF Scholar, American Nurses Foundation grant, ID#2002066, 2002-2004.