Dr. Connolly is a nationally certified advance practice nurse through the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She has practiced in multiple patient care areas including in-patient and out-patient settings, and in the clinical research role, specializing in cardiology and internal medicine. She currently practices as a Nurse Practitioner in the Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas system, Somerset campus.
Dr. Connolly is a dedicated nurse educator and tireless mentor at the College of Nursing in the undergraduate department. She is known for implementing innovative teaching methodologies to improve critical thinking. She understands the importance of developing the next generation of nurses to advance healthcare in our country.
Her scholarly work and clinical practice have focused on improving the quality of care delivered in the hospital setting. She is a published author in The Journal of Nurse Practitioners and a mentor and preceptor for nurse practitioner students. She serves on the governance board of Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Gamma Nu chapter.
Dr. Connolly is an Associate Director of the University's Buccino Leadership Development Institute, dedicated to the strategic development of nursing leadership at the undergraduate level. The program answers the call to increase the influence of nursing leadership in the healthcare sector. It is unique in that professional development begins Freshman year and is threaded throughout the undergraduate curriculum.
- D.N.P. Seton Hall University; Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University; Adult Nurse Practitioner
- B.S.N. Kean University
- Diploma in Nursing, Muhlenberg Hospital School Of Nursing
- Connolly, K. (2018). Fluid Administration: Improving Patient Outcomes with Evidence-Based Care, The Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 14 (8), 598-604.
- Connolly, K. (2000). New Directions in Heart Failure Management, The Nurse Practitioner, 25 (7), 23-41.
- Podium Presentation: 2017 Reinkemeyer Research Day, The Hidden Dangers of Intravenous Fluid Administration in the Hospital Setting and their Effect on Patient Outcomes
- Poster Presentation: Eastern Nursing Research Society and Nursing Empowerment Conference: 2017, The Hidden Dangers of Intravenous Fluid Administration in the Hospital Setting and their Effect on Patient Outcomes
- Nominated March of Dimes Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award (2018)
- Faculty Mentor Award (2018)
- Daisy Nurse Educator Award (2016)