I joined the faculty as the Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy at Seton Hall University in 2004. Prior to this appointment I served in various clinical specialty and leadership positions, pioneering new programs and services across the rehabilitation continuum at Kessler Rehabilitation Corporation. These diverse positions of increasing accountability and responsibility admirably prepared me to communicate lessons learned from the field to the classroom environment.
With a strong focus on clinical education and facilitation of clinical educational partnerships with facilities dedicated to excellence, I have been an APTA Credentialed Clinical Trainer since 2006.
My research interests are in clinical education, professional development, experiential learning and pediatrics.
- DPT, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- MA, New York University
- BS, State University of New York, Downstate
- Experiential Learning through Service; Fostering Professional Development
Academic Exchange Quarterly, September 2009
- "Using technology to integrate didactic knowledge and experiential learning"
Teaching Professors Conference, Washington, DC, March 2009
- Structural Integration (Book Chapter)
In J. Carlson (Ed.), "Complementary Therapies and Wellness," Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, August 2003
- Excellence in Clinical Practice and Teaching American Physical Therapy Association of New Jersey 1998
- Alpha Eta Honor Society for Allied Health Professionals 2007
- Mountainside Health Foundation Grant 2007
- Center for Community Research and Engagement Grant 2007, 2008
- Faculty Innovation Grant 2007
- United Health Hero's Grant, Youth Services of America 2009