Hongfei Frank Tang, Ph.D.
School of Business
I earned my Ph.D. in Finance from Purdue University and came to Seton Hall from the University of Texas at Austin. My research interests include exchange-traded funds, corporate finance, derivatives, family firms, financial accounting, investments and mutual funds.
Courses taught at Seton Hall
- Financial Strategy (BFIN3211)
- Futures, Options, and Other Derivatives (BFIN4234)
- Futures, Options, and Swaps (BFIN7231)
- Financial and Economic Analysis (BMBA 9113)
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- M.S., The University of Wisconsin at Madison
- B.S., University of Science and Technology of China
"Do Leveraged Exchange-Traded Products Deliver Their Stated Multiples?" Journal of Banking and Finance, Volume 43(6), 29-47. June 2014.
- "Tracking Performance of Leveraged and Regular Fixed Income ETFs." Journal of Fixed Income, Volume 23, Issue 3, pp. 64-90 , Xiaoqing Eleanor Xu Ph.D., CFA. January 2014.
- "Solving the Return Deviation Conundrum of Leveraged Exchange-traded Funds."
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Volume 48, Issue 1, 309-342. February 2013.
"Body Mass Index in Families: Spousal Correlation, Endogeneity, and Intergenerational Transmission." Empirical Economics, 41(3), 841-864, November 2011.
- Passed CFA level III exam, 2009
- “Distinguished Teaching Award” from Krannert School of Management, 2008
- Dissertation Award from Center for International Business Education and Research, 2007
- “The 1st Place Award” from Sigma Xi Graduate Research Competition, 2007