Inviting the faithful into deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through seminary ministry has been a joy. The opportunity to do so by serving the spiritual direction of seminarians and others and by teaching, especially in the area of Liturgy and Sacraments, has been a grace given to me. My interest in Cardinal John Henry Newman’s life and works has led me to give ten academic conference papers and to some writing. I served on the board of directors of the Newman Association of America from 2001 to 2016. In 2016, I was elected to be a board member emeritus. I served as president of the Federation of Seminary Spiritual Directors for 2018-2020. I am very happy also to serve as a weekend and sometime weekday assistant priest at Holy Trinity Church in Westfield. A great blessing was the opportunity to participate in an international ecumenical dialogue, the Joint Commission for Dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and the World Methodist Council, from 2007 to 2016. During summers I have enjoyed the privilege of teaching and doing spiritual direction at The Institute for Priestly Formation at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
- S.T.D., The Catholic University of America
- S.T.L., The Catholic University of America
- M. Div., Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology
- B.A., Yale University
- "Encountering Christ in Teaching and Prayer" (Book Chapter)
In James Keating (Ed.), Seminary Theology II: Theology and Spiritual Direction in Dialogue, Omaha, NE: IPF Publications (The Institute for Priestly Formation), 2011.
- "Development of Doctrine" (Book Chapter)
In Terrence Merrigan and Ian Ker (Eds.), The Cambridge Companion to John Henry Newman, Cambridge University Press, April 2009.
- "Are Newman’s ‘Tests’ or ‘Notes’ of Genuine Doctrinal Development Useful Today?", Newman Studies Journal, 1( 2), 48- 61, October 2004.
- "The Healing Presence of the Holy Spirit in Priestly Life and Ministry: Reflections from the Thought of John Henry Newman." In "Spiritual Physician: Living Christ’s Own Mission of Healing Love," 61- 74, March 2002.
- "Newman on Papal Primacy in an Ecumenical Context." Josephinum Journal of Theology, 9, 211- 226, March 2002.