Dean Halpin sets strategy, establishes metrics, drives strategic decision-making, and ensures results for the School of Diplomacy. She assists the dean with mission, visioning and future forcasting, organizational culture and process implementation for the college.
Dean Halpin serves as chief officer leading design, implementation, and strategic assessment activities in the following areas:
• Acts as chief of staff in motivating performance for all staff through coaching, personnel development activities, and setting office culture. Forms and leads college wide teams on goal planning and implementation and School visioning.
• Shapes the Board of Overseers, the Joint Leadership Team, the Integration Team and other leadership meetings, particularly in areas related to multi-stakeholder integration and School culture.
• Serves as the School's expert on leadership development, including developing leadership programming for students through the Buccino Leadership Institute, student clubs and organizations, student ambassador programs, etc.
• Leads all major reputation building events and activities of the School, including the School's World Leaders Forum and fundraising galas and concerts, as well as supporting the School's research centers.
• Serves as the external face of the School, building relationships on behalf of the School, charged with alumni relations, donor stewardship, and building partnerships with like-minded organizations.
• Collaborates across the University and acts as liaison with University offices and particularly with University Advancement. Serves on committees including Commencement, Charter Day, Leadership Development related committees and boards, the President’s Advisory Group, Praxis, the Office of International Programs and more.
- M.A., Seton Hall University
- B.A., James Madison University
2018 Provost Merit Award
2010-2011 Advisor of the Year
2009 NRHH Spotlight of the Month