I have been teaching at Seton Hall University since 1992. My primary area of interest is in portfolio analysis. I teach mostly at the MBA level. I have been formally recognized for outstanding teaching and research. I currently serve as department chair, a position I held from 2000 through 2008, and have served as Director of the Center for Securities Trading and Business Analytics.
My research interests include portfolio analysis and performance, financial market behavior, corporate governance, and financial education.
Courses at Seton Hall
- Financial and Economic Analysis (BMBA 9113)
- Portfolio Analysis (BFIN 7230)
- Ph.D., West Virginia University
- M.A., West Virginia University
- B.A., University of Southern Indiana
- Loviscek, Anthony (2021). "How Much to Invest, If Any, in Precious Metals: A 21st Century Perspective," forthcoming in the Journal of Investing.
- Loviscek, Anthony, Mark Schild, and Paul Steffens (2019). "The Search for Information Content: A Portfolio Perspective on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies,"Journal of Accounting and Finance, 19(5), 53-65
- Garcia, Anthony T., Anthony Loviscek, and Kangzhen Xie (2019). "Is All That Glitters Gold? A Look at Fortune Magazine 100 Fastest-Growing Companies," Managerial Finance, 45(7), 53-65.
- Loviscek, Anthony and Adam Broder (2018). "Perspectives on ‘Sell In May and Go Away: A Look at Recent Evidence and Implications," Financial Services Review, 27(2), 303-322.
- Anthony Loviscek, (2017). "Should Preferred Stock Funds Be Included in Mutual Fund Portfolios?" Journal of Wealth Management, 20, (Summer 2017), 83-96.
- Jennifer Itzkowitz and Anthony Loviscek (2016). "An Unpleasant Small-stock Effect in Manufacturing: The Case of the Dependent Buyer," Managerial Finance, 45(7), 1017-1032.
- Anthony Loviscek (2015). "The Lost Decade: An MPT Perspective," Managerial Finance, 41(11), 1202-1220.
- Anthony Loviscek, Hongfei Tang, and Eleanor Xu (2014). "Do Leveraged Exchange-Traded Products Deliver Their Stated Multiples?" Journal of Banking and Finance, 43(6), 29-47.
- Anthony Loviscek and Elven Riley (2013). "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Firm Level Risk of the S&P 500," Managerial Finance, Volume 39(7), 641-65.
- Chin Yang, Anthony Loviscek, Hui Wen Cheng, and Ken Hung (2012). "A Note on Allen’s Arc Elasticity with the Arithmetic, Geometric, and Harmonic Means," Atlantic Economic Journal, 40(2), 161-171.
- Eleanor Xu, Jiong Liu, and Anthony Loviscek (2011). "An Examination of Hedge Fund Survivorship Bias and Attrition Before and During the Global Financial Crisis," Journal of Alternative Investments, 13(4), 40-52.
- Anthony Loviscek and Elven Riley (2009). "Team of Rivals: Can Corporate American and Academia Reconcile Their Worldviews and Work Together?" The Investment Professional, 2(4), 79-84.
- Eleanor Xu and Anthony Loviscek (2008). "The Performance of MBS Hedge Funds and Mutual Funds: A Puzzle," Journal of Investment Management, 6(4), 59- 89.
- Anthony Loviscek (2008). "Currency Derivatives and Emerging Market Currencies: Strategies and Perspectives." In Advances in International Investments: Traditional and Alternative Approaches, H.G. Fung, E. Xu, and J. Yau (Eds.) World Scientific Publishing, 259- 288.
- Loviscek, Anthony, Randy Anderson, and Andrew Yi (2007). "Searching for Information Content: Portfolio Performance of The 100 Best Stocks You Can Buy," Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, 8, pp. 1-14. (Lead article)
- Randy Anderson and Anthony Loviscek (2005). "In Search of Information Content: Portfolio Performance of The 100 Best Stocks to Own in America," Financial Services Review 14(2), 97- 109. (Cited as recommended reading in the CFA Digest)
- Anthony Loviscek and Randy Anderson (2004). Investing Made Simple. New York: Random House Core Collections (A division of Random House).
- Stillman School Teaching awards: 1999-2011
- Stillman School Research awards: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011
- University Award for Outstanding Service to Students, 2004
- First place, Investment Research Challenge, New York Society for Security Analysts, 2007