A nationally-recognized author, speaker and educator on the topic of theology and science, Dr. Stacy Trasancos is the Executive Director of the St. Philip Institute of Catechesis and Evangelization founded by Bishop Joseph Strickland in the Diocese of Tyler, TX. She is also a teaching fellow for Bishop Robert Barron's Word on Fire Institute. Dr. Trasancos is author of three books on faith and science, has written numerous articles for Catholic journals and magazines and has appeared across the nation on Catholic radio and television.
- M.A., Dogmatic Theology, <em>summa cum laude,</em> Holy Apostles College and Seminary, Cromwell, CT, 2014
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1999
- B.S., Broadfield Science-Biology, Texas A&M University Commerce, Commerce, TX, 1991
- (Forthcoming) Particles of Faith: Student Edition, Ave Maria Press, August 2019.
- 20 Answers Bioethics, Catholic Answers, August 2018.
- "Evangelizing Through Evolution," Catholic Answers Magazine (August 2018).
- "Does the Big Bang Prove God?" St. Austin's Review, St. Augustine's Press (December 2017).
- "Cesium the Day!" The Catholic Thing (November 11, 2017).
- "How Do Adam and Eve Fit with Evolution?" National Catholic Register, EWTN (March 17, 2017).
- "Atoms, Elements, and the Grandeur of God," U.S. Catholic (November 1, 2016).
- Particles of Faith: A Catholic Guide to Navigating Science, Ave Maria Press, October 2016.
- "Fr. Jaki and the Stillbirths of Science," St. Austin's Review, St. Augustine's Press, pp. 11-13 (May/June 2014).
- Science Was Born of Christianity: The Teaching of Fr. Stanley L. Jaki, Habitation of Chimham Publishing, 2013.
- "Science for Everybody," Catholic Answers National Conference: Faith and Science, San Diego, CA (September 27-29, 2018).
- "The Role of Christianity in the Development of Modern Science," University of Toronto, Newman Center, Toronto, ON (March 8, 2018).
- "Evangelizing Through Science," Legatus Napa Valley Chapter, Napa, CA (August 16, 2017).
- "These Thy Atoms: The Beauty and Symmetry in Chemistry," Notre Dame Seminary – Graduate School of Theology, New Orleans, LA (June 18-23, 2017).
- "Why Scientific Literacy is Necessary for Evangelization," Holy Apostles College and Seminary, Cromwell, CT (October 28, 2016).
- "Science Without Faith is Like Eyeballs Without a Face," Fellowship of Catholic Scholars 39th Convention: Science and Faith, Washington, DC (September 24, 2016).
- "Science Was Born of Christianity," Fr. Stanley Jaki Foundation International Conference, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ (April 15, 2015).
- "From Chemistry to Catholicism," Carnegie Mellon University, Ryan Catholic Newman Center, St. Paul Cathedral, Pittsburg, PA (October 5, 2014).
- "The Facts of Fr. Jaki's Research, Renewing the West by Renewing Common Sense," Gilson Society, Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington, NY (July 17–20, 2014).
- Word on Fire Institute Fellow, Faith and Science Course, Filmed seven-part online course, 2018
- Seton Hall Digital Humanities Fellow, Building Core Competencies in the Digital Humanities Grant, Catholic Theology of Science course, 2018
- John Templeton Foundation Grant from John Carroll University, Developed "Reading Science in the Light of Faith" course at Holy Apostles, Fall 2016