I have worked in physical therapy education for 21 years and joined the Seton Hall University faculty in 2016. My primary areas of teaching are psychosocial and ethical issues in healthcare, prevention, health promotion and wellness, and professional development and practice. Prior to entering the field of physical therapy, I worked as rehabilitation counselor with a specialty in disability management.
My clinical experience includes acute care, sub-acute and outpatient rehabilitation, and I have served as a consultant and expert witness in physical therapy practice liability. My research interests include the use of standardized patients in physical therapy education, approaches for teaching psychosocial aspects of healthcare, community-based and international service-learning, and developing disability awareness curricula for primary and secondary education.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Massachusetts General Institute of Health Professions
- Bachelor of Arts, Physical Therapy, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology - Specialization: Rehabilitation Counseling, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Gulfo KM, Gillen G, Bishop L, Bassile CC, Kolodny RB, Stein J. Selection of Post-Acute Care for Stroke Patients. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy. 2018; Vol. 6: Issue 1.
- Wong CK, Kolodny RB, Abbruzzese L, Hagan L. Premise Reflection During the Final Physical Therapy Clinical Internship After a Course on Reflective Case Management. American Physical Therapy Association Educational Leadership Conference, Baltimore, MD, Oct 2-4, 2015.
- Kolodny RB, McCoy CK, Chan D, Harrigan MJ, Young AE. Interventions for Improving Quality of Life in the Frail Elderly. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 2014; 37:Supp:E51.
- Kolodny RB, Irizarry N. A Disability Awareness Educational Module for Children in Kindergarten. Pediatric Physical Therapy. 2008;20(1):94-95.
- Alpha Eta National Honor Society, Seton Hall Chapter, 2017
- Sharing the Dream Guatemala: Coordinated and led service learning trip to Guatemala with five Doctor of Physical Therapy Students, August 2014