I obtained my Ph.D. in computer science from the Department of Computer Science at Old Dominion University in 2014.
My research activity is devoted to Vehicular Cloud Computing and Intelligent Transportation Systems. My research interest also includes Database Security and Algorithm Optimization.
I have widely published my research with more than 20 international conference articles and international journal articles.
- Ph.D., Old Dominion University, 2014
- Ryan Florin, Puya Ghazizadeh, Aida Ghazi Zadeh, Ravi Mukkamala and Stephan Olariu: "A Tight Estimate of Job Completion Time in Vehicular Clouds", in IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, July 2018. (Impact Factor: 7.928)
- Ryan Florin, Aida Ghazi Zadeh, Puya Ghazizadeh and Stephan Olariu, "Towards Approximating the Mean Time to Failure in Vehicular Clouds," in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 2045-2054, July 2018. (Impact Factor: 4.051)
- Ryan Florin, Puya Ghazizadeh, Aida Ghazi Zadeh, Samy El-Tawab and Stephan Olariu: "Reasoning about Job Completion Time in Vehicular Clouds", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1762-1771, July 2017. (Impact Factor: 4.051)
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Ryan Florin, Aida Ghazi Zadeh and Stephan Olariu: "Reasoning about Mean Time to Failure in Vehicular Clouds", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 751-761, March 2016. (Impact Factor: 4.051)
- Aida Ghazizadeh and Puya Ghazizadeh: "Design and Analysis of a Communication Protocol for Dynamic Vehicular Clouds in Smart Cities", IEEE 2018 21st International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), November 4-7, 2018, Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- Puya Ghazizadeh and Reza Fathi: "A Propagation Based Model for Communication in Vehicular Cloud", IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom'18), Athens, Greece, March, 19 - 23, 2018.
- Samy El-Tawab, Sevinj Iskandarova, Mohammad Almalag and Puya Ghazizadeh, ''A Methodology of Teaching Mobile Development for Undergraduate Students in Project-Based Classes," SITE 2018 - The Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Washington, D.C., United States, March 26-30, 2018.
- Samy El-Tawab, Matthew Phelan, Mohammad Almalag and Puya Ghazizadeh: "Study of the Capabilities of the Yellow Flashing Arrow Traffic Signal and Driver Response", 2016 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV'16), June 19-22, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Ravi Mukkamala and Reza Fathi: "Modeling and Predicting Fault Tolerance in Vehicular Cloud Computing", International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet'15), Trivandrum, Kerala, India, December, 16 - 19, 2015.
- Ryan Florin, Puya Ghazizadeh, Aida Ghazi Zadeh and Stephan Olariu: "Enhancing Dependability Through Redundancy in Military Vehicular Clouds", 34th IEEE International Conference for Military Communications (MILCOM 2015), Tampa, Florida, USA, October 26 - 28, 2015.
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Stephan Olariu, Aida Ghazi Zadeh and Samy El-Tawab: "Towards Fault-Tolerant Job Assignment in Vehicular Cloud Computing", 12th IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, June 27 - July 2, 2015, New York, USA. (acceptance rate 20%)
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Ravi Mukkamala and Samy El-Tawab: "Scheduling in Vehicular Cloud Using Mixed Integer Linear Programming", The First International Workshop on Mobile Sensing, Computing and Communication (MSCC), Philadelphia, MobiHoc 2014, August 11 - 14, 2014.
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Ravi Mukkamala and Stephan Olariu: "Data Integrity Evaluation in Cloud Database-as-a-Service''. In Proceeding of Congress on Services 2013, Santa Clara Marriott, CA, USA (Center of Silicon Valley), June 27-July 2, 2013.
- Puya Ghazizadeh, Ravi Mukkamala and Jeremiah Creedon. "Choosing Point-to-Point versus Hub-and-spoke Flights: A Genetic Algorithmic Approach". In Proceeding of EAIA 2012 (SpringSim'12 - Emerging Applications in Industry and Academia), Orlando, FL, USA March 2012.
- Ravi Mukkamala, Jeremiah Creedon and Puya Ghazizadeh. "Analyzing a Subsystem to Discover a Large System Model: An Application in Airline Routing Decisions". In Proceeding of TMS/DEVS 2012 (Symposium on Theory of Modeling and Simulation - DEVS Integrative M\&S Symposium), Orlando, FL, USA March 2012.