Maria Pascuzzi, C.S.J., S.S.L., S.T.D., Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, earned a doctorate in Biblical Theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome, Italy, a Licentiate (S.S.L.) in Biblical Studies from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome, Italy, an S.T.B. from the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas, Rome, Italy, and an M.A. from Providence College. Before her July 1, 2017 appointment as Associate Dean, Dr. Pascuzzi was dean of the School of Theology and Ministry, St. Thomas University, Miami, FL, and an Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at the University of San Diego. She also taught biblical exegesis and biblical languages at St. Joseph’s Seminary, Dunwoodie, NY, and Immaculate Conception Seminary and Graduate School of Theology, Huntington, NY. Dr. Pascuzzi specializes in the New Testament Letters of Paul. She is the author of various scholarly publications, and has just completed the commentary on Paul’s Second Letter to the Corinthians for the 3rd revised edition of the New Jerome Biblical Commentary (Bloomsbury Press). Dr. Pascuzzi is an active member of the Catholic Biblical Association, an associate editor of the Catholic Biblical Quarterly, and a member of the international advisory board of the Irish Theological Quarterly. Dr. Pascuzzi is a Sister of Saint Joseph, Brentwood, NY, with a record of service to the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops as well as various local churches.
- S.T.D., Pontifical Gregorian University Rome, Italy (in Biblical Theology)
- S.S.L., The Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome, Italy (License in Sacred Scripture)
- M.A., Providence College, Providence, RI
- Paul: Windows on His Thought and His World. (Winona, MN: Anselm Academic, 2014).
- Ethics, Ecclesiology and Church Discipline: A Rhetorical Analysis of 1 Corinthians 5. Rome: Gregorian University Press, 1997.
- 1 and 2 Corinthians. A Commentary, in The Collegeville Bible Commentary, 7. Collegeville: The Liturgical Press, 2005.
- The Second Letter to the Corinthians, in The New Jerome Biblical Commentary, 3rd edition. Bloomsbury Press, Forthcoming.
- “Paul, the Body and Resurrection,” Chicago Studies 57.1 (2018) 37-44; online at: http://issuu.com/chicagostudies/docs/cs_summer_2018_issue_complete_003_/40?e=25413303/63141530
- “Lidia: guida della prima Chiesa domestica a Filippi,” Donne Chiesa Mondo, Mensile Dell'Osservatore Romano 67 (APRILE 2018) 29-35. English original, trans. by Simona Storiona, “Lydia: Leader of the First House-Church in Philippi.”
- “First Corinthians: Introduction,” in eds. J. Enrique Aguilar Chiu et al., Paulist Biblical Commentary. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press. Forthcoming 2018.
- “The Rhetorical Function of Invective,” in Florence Morgan Gillman, 1 Thessalonians. Wisdom Commentary, Vol. 5. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2016.
- “Did Paul Condemn Homosexuality?” Chicago Studies 52.3 (2013) 62-79.
- “Christ sent me to preach the Gospel: Insights from Paul for the New Evangelization,” Origins 46.16 (2013) 255-9.
- “Reconsidering the Authorship of Colossians,” Bulletin for Biblical Research 23.2 (2013) 223-46.
- “The Prophets and the Social and Ecological Consequences of the Monarchy,” in eds. M. Mann - J. Gates, Nurturing the Prophetic Imagination. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Knock, 2012, pp. 17-35.
- “Baptism-based Allegiance and the Divisions at Corinth: A Re-examination of 1 Cor 1:13-17,” The Catholic Biblical Quarterly 71.4 (2009) 813-29.