I have been practicing as a Speech-Language Pathologist since 2009 with clinical focus in the domains of acquired impairments of communication and swallowing in adult populations.
After serving as an adjunct instructor in the Department of Speech Language Pathology, I was appointed as Director of Clinical Education in 2018. In addition to my work in programming clinical education and providing mentorship for our students, I also serve as instructor for topics pertaining to medically based practice including Dysphagia and Neuromotor Disorders of Communication. My professional and research interests include radiation induced dysphagia, predictors of patient compliance, practice patterns of SLP’s in rehabilitation, and clinical training and assessment.
I completed my clinical fellowship at the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in West Orange, New Jersey as an inpatient SLP, where I completed intensive training with rotations in stroke, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury. In 2012 I transitioned to Kessler's outpatient division where, as a "Clinical Specialist", I was afforded the opportunity to collaborate with physiatrists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists in the development of various education and training programs as well as treatment protocols utilized at the local and national levels.
My greatest aim is to inspire students to be great clinicians who possess advanced knowledge and skills but also the passion and empathy needed to provide quality care to their patients.
- Master of Science- Speech-Language Pathology, Northeastern University. Boston, MA
- Bachelor of Science- Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Grabowski, C. (2017, November) Augmenting Communication in Head and Neck Cancer Patients with Severe Dysarthria. Seminar presented at the Annual International Cancer Rehabilitation Summit. Dallas, TX
- Grabowski, C & LaBarbera, S.(2017, November) Evaluation and Management of Swallowing in the Head and Neck Cancer Patient. Seminar presented at the Annual International Cancer Rehabilitation Summit. Dallas, TX
- Grabowski, C. (2016, June) Dysphagia and Dysarthria in Patients with Brain Tumor. Seminar presented for Select Medical Corporation Oncology Education Webinar Series. Online.
- Graboski, C, Fitzgerald, A, & Rolland, B. 1620: Facilitating Outcomes in Speech Therapy with Interdisciplinary Collaboration. (2016, November) Seminar presented at the annual convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Denver, CO
- Graboski, C & Zimmer, G (2015, April). Adult Speech and Language Disorders: Evidence-Based Practice, Goal Writing and Treatment Planning. Seminar Presented at New Jersey Speech and Hearing Association convention, Long Branch, NJ