Branden Buehler is a media studies scholar whose research centers around sports media, with a particular focus on sports television and sports media industries. He received his Ph.D. in Critical Studies from the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts and has published work in The Velvet Light Trap, the Journal of Sport History, and the collection Mapping Queer Space(s) of Praxis and Pedagogy.
- Ph.D., University of Southern California
- M.A., Georgetown University
- B.A., Cornell University
- "White-Collar Play: Reassessing Managerial Sports Games." The Velvet Light Trap 81 (Spring 2018): 4-17.
- "Manufacturing 'Football Realism' in the Studio Era." Journal of Sport History 43, no. 1 (Spring 2016): 1-20.
- "Queer Acknowledgements," with Roxanne Samer. In Mapping Queer Space(s) of Praxis and Pedagogy, edited by Elizabeth A. McNeil, James E. Wermers, and Joshua O. Lunn, 21-38. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018.