Dr. Beth E. Jameson is a nurse scientist and assistant professor at Seton Hall University where she is the program director for the Clinical Nurse Leader MSN program. She is a Certified Nurse Leader (CNL), New Jersey certified school nurse and a certified instructor for Youth Mental Health First Aid. She has a distinctive educational focus on nursing research, epidemiology, and community/population health. Her major objective is to bring understanding and advocacy to the role of the school nurse; a role which frequently goes unnoticed as an integral contributor to the health and wellness of our nation's children. Dr. Jameson is the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) Co-chair of the Workload Task Force Team and a National Presenter on Focus on the Framework™: Quality Improvement. Her funded research activities include school nurse staffing and chronic health conditions care policies; performing school health/school nursing regional needs assessment; and developing a workload instrument for school nursing.
- Ph.D., Nursing Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- M.S.N., School Health Nursing, Monmouth University
- B.S.N., University of Rochester
- National Association of School Nurses, Research Endowment Grant, Co-Investigator. A Cross-sectional Study on the Policies on Employment of School Nurses and Provision of School Health Services for Children with Chronic Health Conditions, funded 5/2020- 6/2021.
- National Association of School Nurses, Research Endowment Grant, Primary Investigator. Developing a Workload Instrument for School Nursing, funded 7/2017 - 6/2019.
- 2019 Lester Z. Lieberman Humanism in Healthcare Award, The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.
Peer reviewed publications:
- Jameson, B. E., Anderson, L. S., & Endsley, P. (2020). Identification of workload measurement indicators for school nursing practice [Advance online publication]. The Journal of School Nursing, 1-12.
- Jameson, B. E., & Bowen, F. (2020). Use of the worklife and levels of burnout surveys to assess the school nurse work environment. The Journal of School Nursing, 36(4), 272-282.
- Innella, N., & Jameson, B. E. (2020). Interventions that impact weight status in Hispanic preschool children. Public Health Nursing, 37(1), 25-38.
- Maughan, E. D., & Jameson, B. E. (2020). Celebrating 21st-Century school nursing practice. NASN School Nurse, 35(3), 133-135.
- Jameson, B. E., Engelke, M. E., Anderson, L. S., Endsley, P., & Maughan, E. D. (2018). Factors related to school nurse workload. The Journal of School Nursing, 34(3), 211-221. doi:10.1177/1059840517718063
- Jameson, B. E., & Bowen, F. (2016). School nurse work environment: Burnout and areas of worklife job satisfaction [Abstract]. Nursing Research, 65(2), E31.
- Maughan, E. D., Jameson, B. E. (2020). School Health Population Based Needs Assessment Final Report. National Association of School Nurses.
- New Jersey Collaborating Center for Nursing. (2018). Framework for 21st Century School Nursing Practice (TM) toolkit for New Jersey school nurses: Ideas for implementation. Retrieved from: http://njccn.org/toolkit/FINAL%20TOOLKIT%2021st%20Century%20School%20Nurse%20Leadership%20Book.pdf
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Lambda Delta Chapter
- 2015-2017 Teaching Fellowship, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing