Dr. Beth E. Jameson has been passionate about community health nursing and addressing the needs of vulnerable children throughout her nursing career. While a doctoral student at Rutgers, Dr. Jameson used her dissertation to understand and bring advocacy to the role of the school nurse; a role which frequently goes unnoticed as an integral contributor to the health and wellness of our nation's children. Dr. Jameson is active in regional and national professional nursing organizations, including the National Association for School Nurses (NASN), where she is currently investigating workload and school nurse outcome indicators through a grant from NASN.
- Ph.D., Nursing Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- M.S.N., School Health Nursing, Monmouth University
- B.S.N., University of Rochester
- National Association of School Nurses, Research Endowment Grant, Primary Investigator. Developing a Workload Instrument for School Nursing, funded 7/2017 - 6/2019.
Peer reviewed publications:
- Jameson, B. E., & Bowen, F. (2018). Use of the worklife and levels of burnout surveys to assess the school nurse work environment. The Journal of School Nursing. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/1059840518813697
- Jameson, B. E., Engelke, M. E., Anderson, L. S., Endsley, P., & Maughan, E. D. (2018). Factors related to school nurse workload. The Journal of School Nursing, 34(3), 211-221. doi:10.1177/1059840517718063
- Jameson, B. E., & Bowen, F. (2016). School nurse work environment: Burnout and areas of worklife job satisfaction [Abstract]. Nursing Research, 65(2), E31.
- New Jersey Collaborating Center for Nursing. (2018). Framework for 21st Century School Nursing Practice (TM) toolkit for New Jersey school nurses: Ideas for implementation. Retrieved from: http://njccn.org/toolkit/FINAL%20TOOLKIT%2021st%20Century%20School%20Nurse%20Leadership%20Book.pdf
- Jameson, B. E. (2018). Exploring the factors that influence the role, burnout and job satisfaction of the school nurse.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Lambda Delta Chapter
- 2015-2017 Teaching Fellowship, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing