How Do I Apply?
Complete our online application.
The program will consider applications materials submitted by July 1st for the Fall semester, provided there is still space available in the fall cohort. Students may be admitted on a full or part-time basis; however, students must follow the sequenced program plan of courses.
When Will You Make a Decision on My Application?
Ed.S. applications are reviewed by the Program Faculty, and selected candidates are invited in for a personal interview. Some students are offered admission to the M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy program if the faculty believe the applicant does not have experience required for acceptance into the Ed.S.
Additional Required Documents
- Official transcript reflecting master's degree in counseling, psychology, social work, pastoral counseling or an allied field
- Transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate course work
- Evidence of relevant experience as a counselor/therapist
- Miller Analogies Test or GRE Scores. Scores need to be from tests completed within the last 5 years.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one form a counseling/therapy supervisor.
- Personal statement including professional goals.
- $75 application fee
Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
- Students must complete a minimum of 39 credits at Seton Hall University. If students lack any prerequisite, they may be required to complete additional credits beyond the 39 credit minimum.
- Prerequisite courses are: Abnormal Psychology, and Couple and Family Dynamics: Systemic Perspectives.