The pre-major advising office provides academic services to students who:
- Earned 30 credits or more
- Are undecided about their major
- Are tracking a major
Cannot declare a major
- BART: student seeking admission to the Stillman School of Business
- CART: student seeking admission to the College of Communication and the Arts
- DIPT: student seeking admission to the College of Diplomacy and International Relations
- EART: student seeking admission to the College of Education and Human Services
- PART: student seeking admission to the College of Arts and Sciences in a non-science or math major
- PNST: incoming transfer students that are seeking admission to the College of Nursing
- PRNU: student seeking admission to the College of Nursing
- PSCI: student seeking admission to the College of Arts and Sciences in a science or math major
- UART: undecided students with no declared major in the College of Arts and Sciences
The pre-major adviser provides academic services to any student who has completed more than 30 credits and who is either tacking a major or is still unsure of a major to help them become successfully declared students.
Class Standing Information
Class standing depends on the number of credits that you have completed, not attempted.
- Freshman – 0 to 29 credits
- Sophomore – 30 – 59 credits
- Junior – 60 – 89 credits
- Senior – 90+ credits
The contact information for all pre-major advsiers are located on our contact us page. You will see all the advisers for every pre-major that we have at Seton Hall. Please follow the link in side menu to see more detailed information.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a detailed list on general university information, adviser information, and pre-major information, please go to the Frequently Asked Questions page.