B.A. in Political Science/Master of Public Administration
What is the 3+2 program?
- The 3+2 program is an accelerated dual degree program that leads to two degrees completed in a five-year span. The degrees earned are the B.A. in Political Science and the Master of Public Administration (MPA).
How do I apply?
- Students interested in the 3+2 accelerated program to earn a B.A. in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration should apply by March 1st of their junior year.
- Students must have a 3.5 GPA in their undergraduate coursework to be considered for the 3+2.
- Students should provide two letters of recommendation
How does it work?
- Students who are accepted into the program take one graduate MPA core course in the first semester of their undergraduate senior year, and two graduate MPA core courses in the second semester of their undergraduate senior year.
- At the end of the fourth year, after the completion of 120 credits and all other requirements for the B.A. in Political Science, the B.A. is conferred.
- The 9 graduate MPA credits count toward both the B.A. and the MPA.
- In the summer after the undergraduate senior year, students complete a 3-credit MPA internship. The MPA Graduate Assistant and the Career Center can assist students in finding an appropriate and relevant internship.
- In the 5 th year, students complete 27 graduate MPA credits, and all other requirements of the MPA degree (THIS IS A VERY HEAVY COURSELOAD)
For more information, please contact Chip Palamattam, MPA Graduate Assistant, at Danielle.Secor@student.shu.edu, or stop in to the MPA office located in Jubilee Hall, room 567.