College of Nursing News Archive
- Become a Certified Mental Health Advocate for Youth
March 15, 2023
The College of Nursing is offering a Youth Mental Health First Aid Program that educates how to help youth who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- College of Nursing Co-Sponsors Annual Research Day
March 2, 2023
On Friday, March 17, the 35th Annual Reinkemeyer Research Conference will be held in honor of former dean Sister Agnes Reinkemeyer who believed research was key in nursing education and practice.
- The Good Fight Against Opioid Use Disorder
February 24, 2023
In a recent roundtable, Dr. Rahul Gupta from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy met with Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health leaders on the front lines of this epidemic.
- White Coat Ceremony Welcomes Students to Profession
February 23, 2023
The College of Nursing's Annual White Coat Ceremony marks the official entrance into the nursing major for students in the B.S.N. and accelerated second-degree B.S.N. programs.
- Federal Grant Offers Seton Hall University Nurse Practitioner Students a $10,000 Stipend
February 3, 2023
Interested in a $10,000 stipend for successfully completing a semester on a mobile health unit while advancing health equity for the medically underserved in the City of Newark?
- Graduate Online Nursing Programs Again Rank Best in NJ
January 24, 2023
US News & World Report has ranked Seton Hall's Online Graduate Nursing Programs in the Top 16 percent nationally, 4th among all Catholic colleges and tops in New Jersey.
- IHS Campus Receives $1.14 Million to Improve Simulation Lab and Health Training
January 6, 2023
Seton Hall’s Interprofessional Health Sciences campus will receive a major boost through federal funding secured by Congressman Bill Pascrell (NJ-9) and Senators Robert Menendez and Cory Booker.
- See What’s Possible at Seton Hall’s Graduate Open House
December 14, 2022
On February 25, Seton Hall will host its annual Graduate Open House in Bethany Hall. Discover how a graduate degree from Seton Hall can help you achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Grant Gives Students Access to Interactive Simulations
November 15, 2022
The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey awarded the College of Nursing a grant to purchase the i-Human Patients platform for training nurse practitioner students.
- ROI Influencers: Health Care 2022
November 4, 2022
The annual ROI Influencers: Health Care list acknowledges a wide range of hospital heroes, including four alumni of Seton Hall’s healthcare-related programs.
- Nursing Student Receives ‘Gift of Opportunity’
November 3, 2022
Alexandria Constantin, a current student in Seton Hall’s Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program, has been awarded a Dr. Maureen Sullivan Foley Memorial Scholarship for $10,000.
- Internship in Catholic Studies - Mexico
October 17, 2022
The tour will include visits to Basílica de Guadalupe, Teotihuacán, Museo Barroco, and other sites . Lectures about the intersection of the provision of healthcare and Catholic Intellectual Tradition
- Nursing Professor Honored for Excellence in Geriatric Field
September 28, 2022
College of Nursing Assistant Professor Margaret (Peg) Huryk was awarded an Excellence in Clinical Practice award by the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association.
- Nursing Ranks Top 5 Catholic, Top 10 Percent in Nation
September 16, 2022
The College of Nursing rose 25 points in the most recent U.S. News & World Report ranking of undergraduate nursing programs, placing it at #51 in the nation.
- New Location for Accelerated Nursing Program
September 8, 2022
The College of Nursing's Second-Degree Accelerated BSN program has a new home in Freehold, New Jersey, featuring more space and updated lab equipment.
- Nursing Team Presents at International Conference
August 18, 2022
College of Nursing faculty members presented their research on physiologic birth, servant leadership, the opioid epidemic, and Covid-19 at the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Research Congress.
- Clinical Nurse Leaders Present Final Projects
August 8, 2022
Six students from the College of Nursing Certified Nurse Leader (CNL) M.S.N. direct-entry program presented their final capstone projects as part of their final course requirements in the program.
- Professor Named Nursing Fellow
August 3, 2022
College of Nursing Assistant Professor Beth Jameson was inducted as a 2022 National Academy of School Nursing Fellow, one of only seven distinguished school nurses from around the country.
- College of Nursing Receives $3.6M Grant
July 26, 2022
The grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration allows graduate students to engage in a semester-long clinical experience on the mobile health care units in Newark, New Jersey.
- New Program Prepares Nurse Leaders for Healthcare Roles
July 18, 2022
The Online M.S.N. in Nursing Administration and Executive Nurse Leadership program prepares nurse leaders for administrative roles in diverse healthcare settings.
- Buccino Institute Graduates Inaugural Class
May 25, 2022
The Buccino Leadership Institute, created in 2018, graduated its inaugural class of student leaders. The Class of 2022 completed four years of intense, interdisciplinary leadership development.
- Celebrating the Class of 2022
May 24, 2022
The Secretary-General of the United Nations, His Excellency António Guterres, delivered the address at Seton Hall's 166th baccalaureate commencement.
- Nursing Students Graduate with Jobs in Hand
May 18, 2022
Showing resilience in the face of the pandemic, these nursing seniors can face any challenge - whether that was earning a degree during a global health event, or finding a job after graduation.
- WSOU Celebrates Nurses Week
May 11, 2022
WSOU-FM's Thank God For Monday program welcomed College of Nursing Clinical Assistant Professor Katherine Connolly and students Patricia Esposito and Colleen Osbahr in honor of National Nurses Week.
- New Scholarships for Graduate Students
April 27, 2022
Seton Hall's Office of Graduate Affairs recently announced additional scholarship opportunities in select programs for incoming students pursuing their master’s degree this fall.
- Professor Kathleen Neville Chosen Fulbright UK Scholar
April 25, 2022
Investigating nursing students' knowledge, attitudes and stigma to enable them to be change agents as frontline providers of care while confronting the opioid epidemic.
- CareCall: A Look into Nursing Entrepreneurship
February 16, 2022
Students from the Buccino Leadership Institute's College of Nursing cohort have developed an innovative app to improve the outdated hospital call bell system.
- SHU Student Entrepreneurs Compete in Big East contest
February 9, 2022
A team of student nurses, who have a startup idea designed to improve hospital patient care, will represent Seton Hall at the virtual Big East Startup Challenge on Feb. 22.
- Nursing Programs Top in the Nation
January 25, 2022
Per U.S. News and World Report, the College of Nursing has the top-ranked online graduate nursing programs in New Jersey in 2022, ranking 15th nationally and up from 27 last year.
- Graduate Nursing Spring Infosession Schedule
January 11, 2022
Students interested in pursuing a graduate nursing degree can connect and engage with program directors, plus learn about the application process and scholarship opportunities during these sessions.
- Scholarship Honoring Nursing Alumna Awarded
December 2, 2021
College of Nursing Sophomore Stephanie Martinez has received the 2022 Minette's Angels Scholarship.
- Seton Hall, Hackensack Meridian Partner on Grant
November 18, 2021
SAMHSA grant allows 'DATA waiver' training to fight the opioid crisis, a health challenge of our time.
- Graduating Nursing Students Persevere in Time of COVID
November 17, 2021
The College of Nursing honored the graduating students in the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program with a celebration brunch after their 14-month program ran entirely during the pandemic.
- College of Nursing Offers Basic Health Assessment Skills Refresher Course
November 4, 2021
The College of Nursing provides this online course as an opportunity for nurse practitioner students to further develop and hone their basic health assessment skills.
- Frontline Nursing Alumni Honored
October 21, 2021
College of Nursing hosted a gala event to celebrate its nursing alumni serving on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Graduate Nursing Fall Infosession Schedule
September 29, 2021
During these sessions, students interested in pursuing a graduate nursing degree can connect and engage with program directors, plus learn about the application process and scholarship opportunities.
- Faculty Retreat Series 2021-2022, Second Retreat
September 23, 2021
Dr. Josephine DeVito reflects on Development and Integration: Spiritual Integration as a Guide in our Lives, in the second of four retreats for faculty and administrators of all faiths.
- Participants Needed for Online Self-Screening for Social Anxiety
August 27, 2021
Kathleen Prendergast, a Doctor of Nursing Practice student in the College of Nursing is looking for participants for her DNP Scholarly Project Study.
- Interprofessional Conference on Opioid-Use Disorders
July 22, 2021
On July 30, join us for "Recovery from Opioid Use Disorders," during which industry leaders will discuss current and future treatments used to combat the national opioid overdose crisis.
- Nursing Student Earns Multiple Scholarships
June 21, 2021
While an undergraduate nursing student, Oluwayomi Babayemi took advantage of many of the scholarships offered to current students, as well as those awarded by outside organizations.
- College of Nursing Holds In-Person Pinning Ceremony
May 27, 2021
The College of Nursing held its annual Pinning Ceremony honoring the graduating classes of Fall 2019, Spring 2020, August 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 in the ABSN, BSN and CNL programs.
- Nursing Hosts Virtual Open Houses for Top-Ranked Online Graduate Programs
May 25, 2021
The College of Nursing will host virtual open houses for its Doctor of Nursing Practice and the M.S.N in Pediatrics programs in June.
- Nursing Honor Society Inducts New Members
May 5, 2021
The College of Nursing welcomed 66 nursing students as new members of Gamma Nu chapter, The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Nurse Practitioner Role Continues to Expand
May 5, 2021
Highly trained and board-certified health professionals, nurse practitioners bring a holistic and comprehensive perspective to care.
- Ph.D. Nursing Student Named New Jersey School Nurse of the Year
April 21, 2021
Catherine Grano, a student in the College of Nursing’s Ph.D. program, awarded the 2021 New Jersey State School Nurses Association (NJSSNA) Excellence in School Nursing Award.
- Annual Nursing White Coat Ceremony Held Virtually
April 14, 2021
The College of Nursing's White Coat Ceremony marks the official entrance into nursing school for first-year undergraduate B.S.N., accelerated B.S.N. and Clinical Nurse Leader students.
- Nursing Alumna Featured in PBS Special on COVID-19
April 12, 2021
Holy Name's Executive Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Michele Acito led facilities, nurses and janitors in constructing five new and much needed ICUs containing 76 beds in three weeks.
- McQuaid Medal Recipients To Be Celebrated at Charter Day
March 18, 2021
During St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Charter Day, the University will celebrate the recipients of the Bishop Bernard J. McQuaid Medal for Distinguished Service.
- College of Nursing Hosts Pinning Ceremony for Population Health Student Ambassadors
February 24, 2021
The achievements of the College of Nursing's Population Health Student Ambassador Program members were recognized during a virtual ceremony.
- U.S. News: Online Graduate Nursing Programs Remain No. 1 in New Jersey
January 29, 2021
For the second year in a row, U.S. News and World Report ranked Seton Hall's College of Nursing online graduate nursing programs top in New Jersey and third among all Catholic universities in the U.S.