College of Nursing News Archive
- Pandemic Panel to Discuss Impact on Children
May 29, 2020
Focused on the impact of COVID-19, the topic for this week's expert panel will be "Children: Education and Safety."
- Fearless, Accomplished and Ready to Influence the World
May 22, 2020
Graduating during a pandemic, the Class of 2020 have proven themselves Seton Hall Strong and prepared to make their mark.
- New Adult Nurse Practitioner in High Demand
May 19, 2020
Class of 2020 College of Nursing MSN graduate Izee Mer Dizon is in high demand with multiple job offers already lined up.
- National Nurses Week 2020 Digital Celebration
May 07, 2020
Seton Hall launches a week-long digital celebration to recognize and give thanks to its nursing community.
- Servant Leader Heroes During First Days of COVID-19
April 24, 2020
College of Nursing's Assistant Professor Katherine Connolly shares the story of nurses facing the COVID-19 pandemic head on.
- COVID-19 Experiences Inform Nurse's Grad Studies
April 21, 2020
Johanna Rhein, M.S.N. ’16, a student in the College of Nursing's NP program, faces the pandemic head-on in a NYC hospital.
- IHS Comes Together for the COVID-19 Ethics Series
April 15, 2020
Seton Hall’s IHS campus community has come together to discuss ethical issues related to COVID-19 in a new series of events.
- Seton Hall Nursing Student Assists in War Against COVID-19
April 14, 2020
Junior Cara Underwood: "It’s not the perfect nurse life that I may have envisioned but I know I’m still supposed to be here.”
- ‘Baptism by Fire,’ A First-Year Nurse Reports from the Front
April 06, 2020
Erin Rose ’19 thanks her Seton Hall training and the team of nurses she works with while treating COVID-positive patients.
- Seton Hall’s IHS Schools Donate Medical Supplies in Response to the COVID-19 Health Pandemic
March 26, 2020
Seton Hall’s IHS Schools are donating protective gear and other medical supplies in response to the COVID-19 health pandemic.
- IHS Seminar Series: The Battle Against Superbugs
February 26, 2020
Barry Kreiswirth, Ph.D., of the Hackensack Meridian Center for Discovery and Innovation, talked about antibiotic resistance.
- Nursing White Coat Ceremony Stresses the Value of Compassion
February 18, 2020
During the annual ceremony, first-year nursing students were reminded to be caring servant leaders.
- Interprofessional Health Sciences Talk Highlights TB
January 31, 2020
Scientist from the Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation explained why some drugs work, others don't.
- What Great Minds can Do: Nursing/Catholic Studies Dual Major
January 27, 2020
The foundation I have developed as a Catholic Studies major has allowed me to have a more holistic worldview.
- U.S. News Ranks Online Graduate Nursing Programs Top 20
January 15, 2020
U.S. News and World Report has ranked Seton Hall 17th in the nation for Online Graduate Nursing Programs for 2020.
- School of Medicine Educator Awarded National Fellowship
January 13, 2020
Ofelia Martinez was one of only eight awarded a prestigious two-year fellowship by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- Travel to Galapagos Islands During Spring Break
November 26, 2019
Students will gain first-hand experience in exploring nursing and healthcare in Ecuador.
- 2019 Brings High Honors, Scholarly Recognition for New Nursing Faculty Member
November 20, 2019
Associate Professor Sherry Greenberg was inducted as a fellow into the American Academy of Nursing.
- Buccino Leaders Explore Seton Hall’s IHS Nutley Campus
November 14, 2019
On Friday, November 8 a group of Buccino Leadership Institute students toured the Seton Hall IHS Campus.
- Nursing is a Lifelong Passion for this Alumna
November 04, 2019
Two-time alumna Benay Johnson, M.A. ’93/D.N.P. ’18 followed her deep-rooted ambition to help others by pursuing her D.N.P.
- New Online Certificate in Population Focused Nursing Practice
October 28, 2019
Beginning in January 2020, the College of Nursing will offer an online certificate program focusing on population health.
- Recap of the 48th Annual Margaret C. Haley Awards
October 28, 2019
The College of Nursing recently held its 2019 Margaret C. Haley Awards to honor its distinguished graduates.
- Buccino Sophomores Learn Valuable Lessons at Gettysburg
October 23, 2019
Last week the Buccino Leadership Institute took its sophomore cohort to Gettysburg National Park for a special overnight trip to develop their leadership skills.
- Seton Hall Nationally Recognized for its Commitment to Improving Nursing Education
October 23, 2019
College of Nursing has been recognized as a winner of the inaugural Assessment and Impact Awards for Nursing Education.
- Networking Events Connect Students with Employers
October 08, 2019
The Career Center hosted two networking events on October 2, 2019, connecting nursing and finance students with employers.
- IHS Students Receive Training to Battle Opioid Crisis
September 25, 2019
Students in all three Interprofessional Health Sciences programs receive training related to opioid-use disorders.
- College of Nursing Sponsors Young Alumni Reunion
July 22, 2019
The first College of Nursing Alumni Reunion celebrated the achievements of young nursing alumni this spring.
- Linda D'Antonio Honored As Golden Pirate
June 06, 2019
Seton Hall recently honored Linda D'Antonio at the Golden Pirates reunion in Bethany Hall.
- Nursing Student Entrepreneurs Win at Pirate's Pitch
June 04, 2019
Eight students from the Nursing Cohort in the new Buccino Leadership Institute recently won at Pirate's Pitch and UPitchNJ.
- D.N.P. Graduate Research Transforms Pulmonary Care
May 02, 2019
A research project by Moira Kendra, D.N.P. '17,will have a significant effect on COPD treatment.
- Nursing Alumni Panel Prepares Seniors For Real-Time
April 03, 2019
The College of Nursing sponsored their second alumni panel of graduates from the B.S.N. program.
- Graduate Programs in College of Nursing Make Major Gain
March 31, 2019
U.S. News & World Report 2020 has again ranked graduate programs in the College of Nursing among the nation's best.
- Institute for Nursing Honors Dean Marie Foley
March 04, 2019
Marie Foley, Ph.D., R.N., dean for the College of Nursing will be honored by the Institute for Nursing on April 4.
- IHS Campus Colors The Past
February 18, 2019
The Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) campus library held a coloring stress relief event for students co-sponsored with the Office of Student Life.
- White Coat Ceremony is a First on New IHS Campus
February 14, 2019
The College of Nursing celebrated the first White Coat Ceremony welcoming new nurses at the new IHS campus.
- Online Graduate Nursing Programs Top Ranked By U.S. New
February 04, 2019
U.S. News and World Reports has ranked Seton Hall University at 75th in the nation for Best Online Graduate Nursing programs.
- Seton Hall University Hosts Graduate Open House On 2/23
December 19, 2018
Seton Hall University will host its annual Graduate Open House on Saturday, February 23 from noon to 3 p.m. in Bethany Hall.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Wins March of Dimes Award
December 12, 2018
Jenna Mason, M.S.N. '15, was honored with a March of Dimes Rising Star Award for her impressive array of leadership efforts.
- A True-ly Hardworking True Blue Nurse
December 03, 2018
Madelyn Yu M.S.N.'03, was recently honored with the presidential position for the Philippine Nurses Association of America.
- Haley Awards Recognize the Past and Future in Nursing
November 07, 2018
The 2018 Margaret C. Haley Awards honored distinguished graduates from the College of Nursing who made an impact.
- Ensuring the Health Of The Nation
November 05, 2018
Graduate nursing students had the rare opportunity to attend an intimate conversation with four former U.S. Surgeons General.
- IHS Schools Receive Federal Grant to Fight Opioid Use
November 01, 2018
The Interprofessional Health Sciences schools received a medication-assisted training grant related to opioid use disorders.
- Attend The 2018 Margaret C. Haley Awards
October 11, 2018
The College of Nursing and Alumni Relations honor alumni who have made significant contributions to the nursing profession.
- Nurse Practitioner Program Ranked Among Top 50 in Nation
October 03, 2018
The Masters of Science in Nursing – Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program has been ranked among the Best programs for 2018 by OnlineMasters.com.
- Celebration and Blessing of IHS Campus Featured on PBS
September 19, 2018
The celebration of the official opening and blessing the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus (IHS) was featured on PBS.
- College of Nursing Walks for Mary's Place By The Sea
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall’s College of Nursing will participate in Mary’s Place by the Sea’s 7th Annual Walkathon on Saturday, September 22.
- Seton Hall to Celebrate Opening of New IHS Campus
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health to mark the open and blessing of the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
- Nutley Hosts Welcome Day Event for Seton Hall
September 10, 2018
Nutley is hosting "Welcome Day" with free food for Seton Hall's IHS campus on 9/21 from noon-3 p.m. in the park across the street.
- GSA Names Associate Dean of Nursing as Fellow
September 10, 2018
The Gerontological Society of America has named Associate Dean Judith Lucas as a fellow for her work in policy and practice.
- Supporting Tomorrow's Ph.D. in Nursing Leaders
September 05, 2018
Support for Ph.D. candidates is a healthy investment for tomorrow's nurse leaders.