School of Health and Medical Sciences News Archive
- Occupational Therapy Students Take to the Hill
October 02, 2019
OT students discuss legislative issues with Congressional staff during AOTA Hill Day.
- Nearly 800 Students and 130 Employers Attend Fall Career
October 01, 2019
Close to 800 students and 130 employers networked at The Career Center's Fall Career Fair.
- IHS Students Receive Training to Battle Opioid Crisis
September 25, 2019
Students in all three Interprofessional Health Sciences programs receive training related to opioid-use disorders.
- SLP Faculty Member Becomes Certified in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
June 28, 2019
SLP professor highly specialized in the evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders.
- Medical Humanities and Ethics Discussed at IHS Campus
June 14, 2019
The IHS Campus welcomed colleagues from the South Orange campus for a reprisal of Only Philosophers and Theologians Make Good Doctorson April 29th.
- Top 10 Up-And-Coming Industry Leaders in Healthcare
June 03, 2019
MHA alumna Catherine Turbett appears on the Modern Medicine Network's Managed Healthcare Executive editorial top 10 list.
- Health and Medical Sciences Study Abroad Opportunities
May 22, 2019
The School of Health and Medical Sciences graduate students have the opportunity to travel abroad for academic and clinical experience during their first two years..
- Athletic Training Alumnus to deliver SHMS Graduate Commencement Address
May 09, 2019
A Homecoming to Remember: Seton Hall Alumnus set to present the SHMS Graduate Commencement and Hooding Ceremony Address.
- SLP Student Group Takes the Gold
May 08, 2019
Speech Language Pathology Student Organization earns 2019 Gold Chapter Honors.
- Experts Discuss Language Development
May 02, 2019
Language development experts and co-authors, Dr. Brian B. Shulman, Dean, and Dr. Nina Capone Singleton provide insight on the influences of language development in children.
- Professors Serve as Clinical Consultants to Major Movie
February 21, 2019
Professors Lauren Snowdon and Maggie McNiece served as on-set consultants to Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart in The Upside.
- IHS Campus Colors The Past
February 18, 2019
The Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) campus library held a coloring stress relief event for students co-sponsored with the Office of Student Life.
- Dr. Doreen Stiskal Reflects on Educational Vocation and Mission in the Heart of the University Retreat Series
January 08, 2019
Dr. Doreen Stiskal reflects on The Educational Vocation and Mission: Leading Students to New Horizons in the retreat.
- Seton Hall University Hosts Graduate Open House On 2/23
December 19, 2018
Seton Hall University will host its annual Graduate Open House on Saturday, February 23 from noon to 3 p.m. in Bethany Hall.
- Speech-Language Professor Receives ASHA Award
November 07, 2018
Kathleen Nagle, PhD, CCC-SLP, has been awarded the Advancing Academic-Research Careers (AARC) Award.
- IHS Schools Receive Federal Grant to Fight Opioid Use
November 01, 2018
The Interprofessional Health Sciences schools received a medication-assisted training grant related to opioid use disorders.
- Acute Cardiac Events in Lacrosse
October 24, 2018
Professor Boergers, in the Athletic Training Department, receives $13,965 grant from US Lacrosse for research on managing on-field emergencies.
- Celebration and Blessing of IHS Campus Featured on PBS
September 19, 2018
The celebration of the official opening and blessing the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus (IHS) was featured on PBS.
- Seton Hall to Celebrate Opening of New IHS Campus
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health to mark the open and blessing of the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
- SLP and PA Grad Students Work Interprofessionally
September 12, 2018
Speech-Language Pathology and Physician Assistant students collaborate perform HEENT and Oral Mechanism Exams.
- Nutley Hosts Welcome Day Event for Seton Hall
September 10, 2018
Nutley is hosting "Welcome Day" with free food for Seton Hall's IHS campus on 9/21 from noon-3 p.m. in the park across the street.
- Dissertation Defense of Jenna Evans
July 19, 2018
Jenna Evans will defend her dissertation on "Reducing Thirty-Day Hospital Readmissions in Drug and Medication Poisoning: An Observational Study" on July 25.
- M.S. in Athletic Training Students Win ATSNJ Contest
May 23, 2018
National Athletic Trainers' Association awards top prize to Seton Hall students for video contest promoting AT profession.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.