Links to Catholic Social Teaching Websites
The following websites provide documents that are relevant to Catholic Social Teaching.
- The Social Justice "Canon" contains a listing of most of the documents issued by the Magisterium (papal social encyclicals and episcopal statements).
- The Social Doctrine of the Church, particularly the principles of Catholic Social Teaching
- Catechetical materials on Catholic Social Teaching and related subjects
Papal Social Encyclicals are available online at the following two websites:
- http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/index.htm - from Pope Leo XIII to Pope John Paul I
- http://www.papalencyclicals.net/ (choose the name of the Pope and a listing of his encyclicals will be offered).
Readings produced by the Pontifical Council for the Family:
Readings from the Catechism of the Catholic Church » Please note that citations from the Catechism of the Catholic Church are for paragraphs and not pages.
For a very good collection of magisterial texts on Social Justice on the following topics, see the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, The Social Agenda: A Collection of Magisterial Texts. This entire document (it is 225 pages) is available in a PDF format.
- The Nature of Catholic Social Teaching The Human Person
- The Family
- The Social Order
- The Role of the State
- The Economy
- Work and Wages
- Poverty and Charity
- The Environment
- The International Community
The following is a listing of websites where a large volume of literature dealing with the Catholic Social Tradition can be accessed.
Readings in Catholic Social Teaching can also be found at the following sites:
- http://www.catholiceducation.org (from the menu choose "Current Issues;" choose "Marriage and Family," "Social Justice")
- http://www.justpeace.org (from "Site Index" choose "Universal Themes in Catholic Social Teaching," "Catholic Social Teaching Doctrine," "Documents")
- http://www.osjspm.org (from main website choose "Social Teaching Documents," "Notable Quotations," "Key Themes," "Teacher Toolbox")