Financial Aid and Cost
We are very excited to admit our inaugural class of students to the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University. Being a member of the inaugural class of a new medical school is a rare and exciting opportunity; not only is the new medical school shaping each of its medical student's future as a clinician, each medical student is strongly influencing the long-term direction and impact of the medical school on all of the students in future years and their patients.
|Living at Home||Living Off-Campus|
|Room & Board||$6,674.00||$21,120.00|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cost of Attendance||$80,563.00||$95,009.00|
*Important*: Health Insurance Requirement and Premium. The state of New Jersey requires all full-time students attending an institution of higher education in the state to be covered by health insurance. Please note the insurance premium for 2018-2019 is: $3,070 (see additional information on Health Insurance costs below).
Additional information on Costs and Fees:
|Clinical Equipment||$300.00||Student Activities||$100.00||$4,740.00 Living at Home/Family||$1,934.00 Living at Home/Family|
|Scrubs and Lab Coats||$200.00||Technology Fee||$300.00||$5,120.00 Living Off Campus||$6,000.00 Living off Campus|
|Total Miscellaneous||$2,000.00||University Fee||$1,500.00|
- Tuition - The First Year Tuition Charge
- Fees: Students are charged $2,583 in required Fees
- The Fees include:
- Student Activities Fee,
- Technology Fee,
- Library and University Fee.
- Computer: Students are required to have a Laptop (requirements provided in on-boarding instruction). A one-time maximum allowance of $1,500 during your medical school career to cover the cost of purchasing this computer.
- Clinical Equipment: Estimated costs for Clinical equipment including, recommended stethoscope, Lab Coats, Scrubs, etc.
- Transportation: The Transportation Allowance does not take into consideration expenses related to owning a car, or relocating to NJ.
- Loan Fees : Based on a 1.066% origination fee charged on an average medical school total borrowed through Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans this award period
Note: Your overall individual costs will vary depending on lifestyle choices, number of roommates, proximity to campus, etc… As the cost of living in the area will generally increase each year, living with a roommate will help reduce expenses. Our academic year budget reflects expectations that you will have at least one roommate.
Living Allowance: The Living Expense includes: meals, utilities, and personal expenses. This is for students that are in an off campus housing or living with parent(s). The Living Allowance is a 12 month budget
Health Insurance Costs: Health Insurance will be automatically billed to the student. If the student has Health Insurance Coverage they will need to waive this cost. If the coverage is not waived by the specified date the charge will remain for the year. The cost of Health Insurance is not included in the Cost of Attendance Budget. If a student would like to have it included they will need to request that with the Financial Aid Office
Parking Fee: This fee covers an annual parking permit which includes the summer. It entitles students to park on the IHS campus, Seton Hall's South Orange campus and any of Hackensack Meridian Health's Hospitals.