Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is located in South Orange, New Jersey, a charming village in close proximity to New York City. Being home to a vast range of industries, this area is one of the most attractive for computing, data and mathematics professionals. Students of the department are prepared to pursue careers and internships in areas as diverse as telecommunications, web design, news media, insurance, finance, education, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and many others. Recognizing the importance of international experience in today's workplace, the department offers a variety of study abroad opportunities. Many graduates of the department find employment in private industry and government. Others pursue careers in education and academia.
The department offers programs in areas of:
- M.S. in Data Science
- B.S. in Computer Science
- B.S. in Financial Mathematics
- B.S. in Mathematics
- Minor in Computer Science
- Minor in Mathematics
- Minor in Data Analytics
Dual Degree Programs
- B.S. in Financial Mathematics/M.S. in Financial Analytics with Stevens Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Financial Mathematics/M.S. in Financial Engineering with Stevens Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Mathematics/M.S. in Data Science
- Any B.A. or B.S. with Minor in Mathematics or Applied Scientific Mathematics/M.S. in Data Science
Our faculty conduct internationally recognized research and innovative, technologically-enhanced instruction. Grounded in practical experience but exploring the frontiers of their disciplines, they define the nature academic excellence.