B.S. in Mathematics + M.S. in Data Science Curriculum
By Spring of Junior Year:
- Take MATH 2711 Introduction to Probability and Statistics, which counts towards the B.S. in Mathematics.
Summer between the Junior and Senior Years:
- Take the graduate course MATH 6611 Operations Research, which counts towards the B.S. in Mathematics.
- Take the graduate courses DAVA 6010 Data Mining and DAVA 7111 Text Mining. DAVA 6010 and DAVA 7111 replace the undergraduate courses DAVA 3010 and DAVA 3111.
- Optionally, students may additionally take the graduate course DAVA 7000 Data Visualization, which replaces the undergraduate course DAVA 3000.
Last Year as Graduate Data Science Student:
- Fall Semester: Take MATH 6811 Statistics for Data Science and DAVA 7000 Data Visualization (if not yet taken).
- Spring Semester: Take DASC 6911 Big Data Analytics and two elective graduate courses from the M.S. in Data Science curriculum.
- Summer Session: Take DASC 9311 Data Science Project and one elective graduate course from the M.S. in Data Science curriculum.