Message from the Director
Welcome to the Buccino Leadership Institute. We are the award-winning, comprehensive, four-year leadership development certificate program for competitively selected students from across the university.
At the Buccino Leadership Institute, we hold the mirror, enabling students to see themselves as leaders. We teach leaders to find their own voice and build their confidence, and subsequently to encourage and lift others up to do the same.
We unlock leaders’ humanity to serve with heart and integrity. We develop emotional intelligence and the skills to change culture, to lead in the service of the greater good toward a more equitable and inclusive future.
We prepare leaders for the challenges of the future. We practice adaptability, navigate the ins and outs of digital innovation and interpersonal interactions, and work on problems facing our students’ specific disciplines and areas of interest.
We are the only four-year undergraduate leadership development program in the country that provides:
- Interdisciplinary leadership curriculum emphasizing personal development and emotional intelligence;
- Experiential learning through student led interdisciplinary team projects supported by the Institute;
- Discipline specific leadership development emphasizing professional development, networking, and community-building;
- Professional coaching with ICF certified coaches to build students’ individual leadership capacity; and
- Thought leadership through the Undergraduate Leaders Podcast and In the Lead magazine.
Seton Hall University is known for its care for the whole person, mind, heart and spirit; and its mission to develop servant leaders in a global society. The Buccino Leadership Institute is cultivating servant leader ambassadors who will maintain care for the whole person and share Seton Hall’s vision across industries, in all facets of society, and mold the workforce culture of the future.
At Seton Hall’s Buccino Leadership Institute, we make leaders … better.
Elizabeth V. Halpin, M.A.