Office of International Programs Logo
Students Fall Campus

Who is an International Student?

All persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals who wish to come to the United States for a specific, limited activity are considered non-immigrant aliens and require a visa to enter the country. There are several categories of non-immigrant aliens, each with special benefits and requirements.

The Office of International Programs provides services for non-immigrant aliens that wish to attend Seton Hall University as students, researchers or scholars , e.g., the issuance of an I-20 or DS-2019, employment authorization, and change of status. The Office of International Programs assists students with F-1 and J-1 Visas. The OIP does not issue visas, but issues Form I-20 or DS-2019 that enable students to obtain visas from their consulates.

If you would like more information about  F-1 and J-1 status, visit their sites:

If you are an international student and would like to connect to the international community on campus please click here »