Office of International Programs Logo
Young adults in front of London Bridge

Incoming F1 Students

How to Apply

How to Apply for F1 Visa Status
In order to apply for F-1 status, a student must obtain the form I-20, issued by the Office of International Programs. The form I-20 certifies to the U.S. embassy abroad that a student has been accepted to a SEVP-approved university and has provided enough finances to pay for the cost of their education and living expenses.

  1. Complete the I-20 Application »
  2. Upload the I-20 Application and necessary documents to the secure web portal »
    Please do not send the same documents more than one time via the drop box and/or email. This will slow down our processing time of your I-20 application.


  • Spring semester - December 15
  • Fall semester – July 30

*Students already in the U.S. on F1 status can receive an I-20 up until the first day of class.

International Student Experience

Welcome Guide


  • Undergraduate Admissions
    Explore the Undergraduate Admissions site for more information about applying to Seton Hall University to complete an undergraduate degree.
  • English As a Second Language
    As an international student you can enroll in Seton Hall University's English as a Second Language Program.
  • Graduate Departments
    Find information about applying to Seton Hall University to complete an graduate degree.
  • Housing and Residence Life
    Find information about housing options on-campus and general campus life information for Seton Hall University.
  • Seton Hall Virtual Tour
    Join our student tour guides on a walking tour of Seton Hall's campus, with videos of each location offered fully in 360-degrees.