Open enrollment begins Monday, October 26 and ends Monday, November 16, 2020. The benefit elections you make during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2021.
All benefit eligible employees must complete their open enrollment benefits elections online via Banner Self-Service.
Open Enrollment elections are in effect for the entire calendar year unless you experience an IRS “qualifying event” (i.e. change in marital status, birth/adoption of a child) and your change must be completed with the Department of Human Resources within 31 days of the event. Refer to the 2021 Open Enrollment Notices document for additional information.
Cigna Medical Plans are changing. There will be two plan offerings:
- Cigna OAP Plus – the same plan as we currently have today.
- Cigna OAP Basic – replacing the Cigna POS plan.
If you are currently enrolled in a Cigna POS plan, you will be enrolled in the CIGNA OAP Basic Plan.
Everyone will be getting new Medical and Prescription ID cards – please watch for them in the mail in December, 2020.
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Make changes to, or enroll, in Medical and Dental benefits.
- Enroll or re-enroll in the health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). If you do not wish to participate in flexible spending accounts for 2021, you do not need to take any action.
- Enroll in the Long-Term Disability Buy-Up coverage.
Upgrade your Supplemental Life Insurance by an increase of one time increase not to exceed the Guaranteed Issue and the Spouse a $5K increase without Evidence of Insurability.
Our Open Enrollment Benefits Fair will look and feel a little different this year. We will be hosting a virtual Open Enrollment Benefit Fair for you to attend. The benefits fair will be available to you during the duration of Open Enrollment.
There will be two dates that you can speak to our various vendors during "live chat" sessions. Please mark your calendars for the live chats:
- November 4
- November 12
While visiting the virtual benefits fair, don't forget to enter to win a prize provided by our benefit vendors.
Prizes will be selected randomly from those who enter and the winners will be notified after Open Enrollment concludes.
- Seton Hall Benefit Offerings
- Medical Insurance
- Health Advocate
- Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Countrywide -- Legal, Identity Theft, and Financial Well-Being Services
- PetAssure -- Pet Discount Program
- Qualifying Dependents
- Ready to enroll?
- Human Resources
Seton Hall University offers two medical plans through Cigna Healthcare. Check out the Easy Choice Tool to find out more about the medical plans and assistance in determining which plan is best for you.
Passwords are required – use the appropriate password to enter the tool as specified below:
- Faculty/Administrators: QJAEQFNQ
- Union and Non-Union Staff and Non-Exempt Administrators: 29R7NPCG
Both plans provide in-network and out-of-network coverage. Review the quick comparison of the plans to help with your decision.
- OAP Plus – Summary of Benefits and Coverage. This plan does not require a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referrals to see specialists. The network of physicians is nationwide. Click here to learn about the OAP Plus Plan.
- OAP Basic – Summary of Benefits and Coverage. This plan also does not require a Primary Care Physician (PC) or referrals to see specialists. The network of physicians is nationwide. Click here to learn about the OAP Basic Plan.
- Cigna One Guide
Included in the medical coverage is prescription drug coverage through Cigna Rx; you will receive a separate ID card to purchase your prescription drugs. The plan provides coverage at retail network pharmacies and through home mail delivery.
- Dental Care USA - DHMO - This dental plan provides in-network coverage only. You must select a Primary Dentist (PD) at the time of enrollment and you must receive a referral from your PD to access a specialist dentist or service. Click HERE to learn how this plan works. This plan has no deductibles and no annual maximums but you must refer to a Patient Charge Schedule for coinsurance amounts.
- PPO Plus Premier - Summary of Benefits. This dental plan provides in-network and out-of-network coverage and does not require a primary dentist or referrals. The reimbursement for services is based on reasonable and customary charges. Click HERE to learn more about this plan.
|Dental Rates per paycheck|
|Coverage||Dental Care USA - DHMO||PPO Plus Premier|
|Faculty and Administrators||Staff||Faculty and Administrators||Staff|
|EE + Children||$13.69||$6.32||$33.35||$15.39|
|EE + Spouse||$13.69||$6.32||$33.34||$15.39|
|EE + Family||$19.18||$8.85||$46.68||$21.54|
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) The FSA plans are administered by Cigna.
- The health care spending account limit, per the IRS, is $2,750. You will be allowed to carryover up to $500 of your unused 2020 health care FSA funds into Plan Year 2021; you must re-enroll for 2021 or your eligible carryover funds will be forfeited. If your spouse is also eligible for a health care spending account as an employee of Seton Hall or another employer with FSA benefits, then you can each elect up to the $2,750 limit but cannot submit a claim for reimbursement for the same expenses.
- Click the following links for more information about the Health Care FSA and Eligible FSA Health Care Expenses.
- You can use the following FSA Calculator to assist in calculating your estimated annual election.
- The Dependent Care FSA account limit is $5,000 (IRS limit per household). You cannot carryover unused 2020 dependent care funds into Plan Year 2021.
Cigna provides access to telehealth services as part of your medical plan through MDLIVE. You can connect with a board-certified doctor via video chat or phone, without leaving your home or office. You can register for this service through mycigna.com.
Health Advocate is a one-stop source for answers and assistance in resolving complicated health and insurance related issues, including Medicare, for you and your family members at no cost to you.
Vision Coverage –Summary of Benefits
Included with the medical coverage is vision coverage through EyeMed. The vision benefits are covered under the Insight Network.
- Are you adding a new dependent to your coverage this year? Please confirm that your dependent qualifies as an Eligible Dependent prior to adding him or her to your coverage. You will be required to complete a Dependent Eligibility Verification Form and submit it to the Benefits Department along with the supporting documentation no later than Monday, November 30.
- Are you changing medical plans and wish to add your dependents? You need to re-enroll your dependents under the new plan.
You will need to have the following information on hand to process their enrollments:
- your dependent's date of birth
- your dependent's social security number
Please be informed that by not providing this information at this time, you may experience issues processing your health care claims.
The plan covers each employee and their dependent(s) who voluntarily enrolls in the services such as face-to-face legal consultation, preparation of living wills, simple wills and medical powers of attorney, unlimited telephone advice, 24/7 - 3 bureau daily credit monitoring and e-mail alerts, ID theft insurance of $1,000,000, fraud alerts and assistance, lost wallet protection and replacement assistance, student loan counseling, budget counseling, asset inventory management, and much more.
A pet benefit discount program which offers services at in-network veterinary offices, wholesale pricing on pet health products, including prescriptions, 24/7 pet help line, and lost pet recovery.
Ready to process your Open Enrollment Benefits Elections? You must complete your medical, dental and/or FSA benefits elections through Banner Self-Service. No paper enrollments will be accepted. Instructions and a video are available to assist with the enrollment process.
Open Enrollment begins on Monday, October 26th. The deadline to complete your open enrollment elections is end of day Monday, November 16th. To ensure IRS compliance, Human Resources is not able to offer extensions or grace periods.
Questions? Should you have any questions regarding Benefits, please contact the Benefits Team by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (973) 275-2755 or (973) 761-9181.