Students who wish to participate in any of our Roommate Selection processes (either for new incoming students or returning upperclass students) must complete a Roommate Survey. Before you begin, check out the page below for more important information regarding Housing processes.
Before You Submit Your Roommate Survey
- Read the Housing License. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of this license.
- Make Your Housing Deposit.
- Availability is Limited. Housing is not guaranteed. However, Seton Hall will set aside 1,200 beds for new students. We encourage all incoming students to pay the housing deposit of $375 by May 1, if not sooner.
When You Submit Your Roommate Survey
- SHU ID. You will need your ID number, which can be found on the back of your ID Card or in your acceptance letter.
- Starting Semester. Please select the first semester for which you would like housing.
- Special Accommodations. If you need ADA accommodations, your housing application will be held until your request has been reviewed by Disability Support Services.
- Meal Plans. All students who live in our on campus residence halls (Aquinas, Boland, Cabrini, Neumann, Serra, or Xavier Halls) must select a meal plan. You can change your plan at any time during the Add/Drop period. Learn about meal plan options and rates.
After You Apply
- Room Assignments. Your residence hall or apartment and your roommate(s) will be e-mailed to your SHU e-mail address and the address you provided on your roommate survey in mid-July. They can also be viewed on your Housing Profile on PirateNet.
- Billing Questions. Read the overview of housing billing, deposits and refunds.
- Cancel Your Deposit. If you decide to cancel your deposit, submit your Housing cancellation form. New incoming student housing deposits are non-refundable after May 1st and returning student housing deposits are non-refundable.
Still Have Questions?
Housing staff will be hosting online chats once a month in the spring and twice a month in the summer. Contact the Housing Office at (973) 761-9172 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.