Students who wish to live in university sponsored housing must complete a housing application AND pay a housing deposit. Housing is not guaranteed; however, the Housing and Residence Life Department reserves 1,150 beds each fall semester for new (incoming and transfer) students and 1,150 beds for returning students.
- Housing Basics for New Students (Incoming Freshmen and Transfers)
- Housing Basics for Returning Students
New (incoming freshmen and transfer) students do not select their housing assignments. The Housing and Residence Life office places new students in housing. New students, who are eligible for fall housing, may select their roommate/suitemates. Students who do not choose a roommate will be match based on their responses to the roommate questions on the housing application. The housing application for new student will open at the beginning of the spring semester.
Returning students select their housing through an annual online housing selection process that allows eligible students to search and select roommates/suitemates, and their housing assignment. Housing selection is held every year in April.
Fall semester housing assignments roll over from the fall to the spring unless a student submits a release of license cancellation form.
Students seeking housing for the spring semester must complete a housing application and pay a housing deposit. The Housing and Residence Life office places students in vacant spaces available in housing.
Important Housing Dates
After completing the housing application AND submitting the housing deposit by the deadline, students, who have a documented need for a housing accommodation, must follow the procedures outlined by the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) to be considered for a housing accommodation.
Returning students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and submit to DSS by March 6. New (incoming first-year and transfer) students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and submit to DSS by May 1.
Things to Remember
- Students must complete the DSS Housing Accommodation Request each year if they wish to continue receiving housing accommodations.
- Requests for accommodations are considered based on need and availability.
- Determinations are made by a committee of appropriate University Officials.
- Students will be notified directly after a decision has been reached.
- Questions about costs and fees should be directed to The Housing and Residence Life Office.
- Students who wish to live on campus must be registered for a full-time course load of 12 credits, unless alternative arrangements have been made through DSS.
- Students will be contacted by an administrator from the Housing and Residence Life office (HRL) to discuss the implementation of the requested housing accommodation. This meeting will occur after the DSS Housing Accommodation Request online form has been completed by the student and documentation has been received and reviewed by DSS staff.