Seton Hall’s CAATE-accredited Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program will be in the spotlight at the University’s annual Graduate Open House on Saturday, February 25, 2017. A current student and a graduate of the program will lead a panel session at 2:00 p.m. in Jubilee Hall, Room 218. Attendees must register for Graduate Open House and check-in for the event at the University Center before proceeding to Jubilee Hall.
About the Athletic Training panelists:
Sarah Wright is one of two Seton Hall MSAT students on rotation with the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers. She will talk about her experiences during this exciting, hands-on opportunity, and describe a “day in the life” of a Seton Hall MSAT student. Sara will also talk about why she wants to become an athletic trainer, and why she chose Seton Hall. She also will lead a tour of the AT department’s facilities on campus.
Leslie Rippon, MS, ATC, is a 2006 graduate of the Seton Hall MSAT program and a faculty member in the department. She worked for 10 years as an athletic trainer in secondary schools and has been a clinical preceptor for many Seton Hall students. Prof. Rippon will talk about her work as a professional athletic trainer, the job market and how to find success in this growing health profession.
Did You Know….?
- Seton Hall offers the state’s only entry-level MSAT degree program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Seton Hall MSAT alumni have worked for the NFL's Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs; Cirque du Soleil and the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries at NYU Langone Medical Center; Boston College, Indiana University, Princeton University, Rutgers University, Seton Hall University and the University of Pittsburgh; and many public and private high schools.
- 100% of graduates were hired upon graduating.
- 100% of students passed the Board of Certification exam on their first attempt (three-year aggregate).
- The five-year, undergraduate-to-graduate dual-degree option is a way for students to save time and money while earning the MSAT degree.