Monday, December 19, 2016
Dr. Hill-Lombardi, Chair, Department of Athletic Training, talks about the new TV commercial that highlights the important role of athletic trainers in youth sports.
As the NFL football season winds to a close (or, starts heating up – depending on your team’s post-season prospects), the School of Health and Medical Sciences is proud to share this commercial about the important role of athletic trainers in youth sports. This NFL-sponsored endorsement, which has been seen during commercial breaks on Monday Night Football and other prime spots, highlights the contributions of athletic trainers as part of the healthcare team in secondary schools.
“It’s wonderful that the NFL supports high school athletic trainers and created this promotional video highlighting their value,” says Vicci Hill-Lombardi, EdD, ATC, Chair of the Department of Athletic Training at Seton Hall University, which offers a fully accredited Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) degree program. “The majority of our alumni work in the secondary school setting, and we have many clinical affiliations with high schools throughout our region. Like the video demonstrates, athletic trainers are vital members of the healthcare team, and they’re making a substantial impact on the care of their patients.”
Seton Hall offers the state’s only entry-level MSAT degree program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). As per an announcement by the national Athletic Training Strategic Alliance, the professional degree requirement to become a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) will be changing to the master's degree, which positions the Seton Hall MSAT program as a top choice for aspiring athletic trainers.
Interested Students: Request more information about the Seton Hall MSAT program and its dual-degree program for high school students entering college.
Facts about the Seton Hall University Master of Science in Athletic Training Program:
- Seton Hall MSAT alumni have worked for the NFL's Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs; Cirque du Soleil and the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries at NYU Langone Medical Center; Boston College, Indiana University, Princeton University, Rutgers University, Seton Hall University and the University of Pittsburgh; and many public and private high schools.
- 100% of graduates were hired upon graduating.
- 100% of students passed the Board of Certification exam on their first attempt (three-year aggregate).
- The five-year, undergraduate-to-graduate dual-degree option is a way for students to save time and money while earning the MSAT degree.
- Seton Hall Athletic Training - video, brochure, alumni profiles and other resources about the Seton Hall University MSAT program
- MSAT Program Homepage
- Five-year dual-degree program information
Categories: Health and Medicine