Tuition and Financial Aid Updates and Frequently Asked Questions
As our understanding of COVID-19 evolves, Seton Hall works to update our plans and policies appropriately. The following frequently asked questions will be updated as new information becomes available.
Updates and Messages
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are bills due and when can I start my payment plan?
- Once Direct Loans are Accepted in PirateNet, what else needs to happen?
- What Loan can I borrow that would make my child the borrower and not me as the parent?
- We have a parent loan and a student loan. Will I be notified when those loans are processed?
- What is the max amount of payments per year?
- How long does it take to get an answer from the parent loan application?
- Aside from tuition, room and board, can someone please describe any other fees which will appear on invoices?
- I'd like to pay the tuition with the 529 savings account. What address should I have the investment company send the check to? Any special instructions?
- Are jobs available on campus?
- Will students be able to maintain their university scholarships if they pursue a gap semester or gap year?
Bills for the Fall Semester are typically created the first week of July and are due the first week of August. The payment plans can be initiated in March by estimating the amount due, or parents can wait till they receive the bill to start.
Bills for the Spring Semester are due on December 22.
The requirements for the Direct Student loan are completing entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). This can be done at studentaid.gov under the complete aid process tab.
Besides the Direct Student loan that is in the student’s name, students can apply for an Alternative/ Private Loan for the balance due. The student would most likely need a cosigner for the loan. This option can be researched at elmselect.com.
Yes, Pirate Net will reflect when the loans have been processed and will show as a credit against the bill.
Payment plans for the Fall semester started in March which would have provided 8 payments. The payment plan ends in October, so which ever month you begin divide by the months left to end in October. Beginning the plan in July, you will need to divide the Fall total due by 4 to get monthly total. For information about spring payment plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Parent Plus Loan, you would go to studentaid.gov. When applying it takes minutes to receive the results. If Approved, make sure to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN).
When you receive the bill, other fees that you will find are, University fee, Mobile computing fee, Technology fee, and Health Insurance fee. (The Health Insurance Fee can be waived if the student already have coverage).
400 South Orange Avenue South Orange, NJ 07079 Attn: Bursar Department
Yes, Federal Work-study and Departmental positions are available on campus. The student should regularly check the Student Employment website for updated job posting.
Students who defer the Fall term (and do not attend another school), will receive the Spring portion of their aid when they return in the Spring.