As noted in last week’s HICT update, Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders No. 242 and 243 lifted many COVID-19 restrictions. In concert with these Executive Orders, please note the following effects for each of our campuses:
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask or practice social distancing indoors on each campus and at indoor, off-campus University activities. However, they are welcome to wear a mask if they choose.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask indoors on each campus and at indoor, off-campus University activities.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- Plexiglass will be removed from the dining areas.
- Plexiglass will remain in the classrooms for faculty who wish to use it.
Enforcement is via the honor code. We expect everyone will be truthful in their reporting and activities.
Please remember to keep a mask with you at all times as individual locations may have their own requirements or requests.
University Vaccination Levels
Governor Murphy noted that he made these decisions partly due to the high vaccination levels (approximately 60%) among the state’s adult population, with a goal of having 70% fully vaccinated by June 30. Through the recently-released Confidential Vaccine Declaration, the University is gaining a clear picture of vaccination levels across its populations. As of June 9, 2021:
Notice of the declaration requirement was sent to 13,164 individuals. 85.1% of the recipients responded. Approximately sixty percent (60.6%) report being fully vaccinated. Ten percent (10.3%) report having received the first of two injections. Almost seventeen percent (16.7%) plan to get vaccinated. Twelve percent (12.4%) report they will be seeking an exemption. We will continue to update you on the declaration. Please remember it is imperative and required that you complete the declaration. Thank you to all who have already done so.
Vaccination information and Resources
The State Department of Health provides a full array of vaccine and vaccination-related information, some of it in multiple languages. Please check it out and share it with those you know who have concerns about being vaccinated.
Shawna Cooper-Gibson, Ed.D.
Vice President of Student Services
Vice President of University Relations
Co-chairs, Health Intervention and Communication Team
Categories: Health and Medicine